‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#4

"That's right, Denver! That's how you scream when we're playing. You guys rule our life, so let's dance because I feel like dancing!!" Alex screams as the band played the song's intro.

All Time Low kicked off the tour from the West Coast, and they were in Dallas, the 10th city from the tour, third week out of the five months of touring in the USA and out of the country, getting it a little kick for their loyal fans. The tour had been great, sharing the bunk over the bus was not really fun, but the after parties did them just right.

They played the encore, waving their hands toward the crowd, screaming I love you for every one that was there. The crowd was one of the best crowd the band had ever gotten, craziest, wildest, yet safe. Alex couldn't find anyone passed out or had to be lifted off the venue, so it was a major success.

"Man, that was sick!" Zack said, calmly but meaningful as he drank his yellow gatorade.

"Remember the last time we were here?" Rian asked, getting a little nostalgic.

“Yeah, Savannah’s getaway. I couldn’t believe she picked this place, she and her mother could have just picked Malibu, but they picked Dallas.” Zack took a gulp of his Gatorade.

“How’s Savannah doing, Jack?” Alex butt in to the conversation, dragging Jack along who was sitting on the corner of the room.

“What?” Jack asked back as he reached for a bottle of beer next to him.

“Savannah, how is she doing?” Zack made it clear.

Jack didn’t respond to what Alex and Zack was asking, he just kept on drinking the beer off the bottle. None of the crew knew about Jack having son with Savannah, not even Matt knew about it. Jack insisted the band to keep it a hush so then nothing will affect the band, nothing will go wrong because of it. It went well for the first few weeks of the tour, and ever since the tour started, Jack had not contacted Savannah for even a bit. Not even a text or phone call, neither was email or skype.

“What’s wrong with you being so silent lately?” Matt Flyzik, their tour manager asked Jack as he walked in to the room. “Anyways, tomorrow is a day off, and I think its time for us to give back.” He added.

“You mean like charity? That’s so cool! What are we going to do?” Rian asked excitedly.

“Orphanage. We’re going to donate to the nearest orphanage from our hotel. What do you say guys?”

“I don’t mind playing some of our songs for them. It’s going to be fun though!”

“Oh, did this Mickey Mouse boy told you for there will be surprises?” Evan Kirkendall, their FOH sound man said.

Matt smiled as he rushed the band to get back to the bus so they could made their way to the hotel and get some rest for their big charity day. For Rian personally, performing and giving back to those orphans are definitely one of the best things of being in a band, to make people happy.

Back home, Savannah tried to understand that Jack was too busy to call in or to inform him. Savannah knew being on the road was hard. She remembered how it felt like going on tour with them back when they were 16. When they were still on tour with their parents, but Savannah knew everything was different now. Of course they were not on some sort of van anymore. She knew they had a bus then.

It was almost midnight, Savannah’s hair was put in a bun when she got drown in her own work, picking through her collections from the new line for Baltimore Fashion Week. She grunted a little as she untie the bun and let her flowing dirty blonde hair covered half of her face. Putting her hair on ponytail, Savannah stood up and examined the room.

The memories of her as a childhood flashed through her mind. The memories of her teenage years were replayed. She remembered them just like yesterday, like she could still sense the presence of her mother inside her home office.

“I miss you, mom.” Savannah thought inside her mind.

She walked toward the window by her side, opened it widely, letting the midnight summer breeze broke through the sash. She looked up to the sky and saw plenty of stars prettify the already beautiful sky. The full moon was shining so brightly that it brought even wider smile on her face, as if she was watching her mother in heaven from the downhill.

“I think I'm doing well in rebuilding everything. Things between Jack and I are a little up and down right now, but he knew Shane was his, and he let Shane calls him dad.” Savannah said, still looking at the sky as if she was talking to the moon.

“But tomorrow is a parent day and most of Shane’s friends ask their fathers to show what they do. And I can’t just call Jack to come out at Shane’s school and show his friends that Jack is a rock star.” Savannah chuckled bitterly. “I haven’t talked to him for like three weeks now.” She started to sob.

Savannah let the tears stream down her cheeks harder as the night gets darker, but she didn’t let it drown her even deeper to the sorrow from her very own thoughts. Still looking up the sky, Savannah smiled as if she was motioning everything will be okay as she closely closed the window, feeling the very light breeze touched her face.

“Goodnight mom, goodnight Jack.” She mumbled as she gets herself some sleep before Shane’s parents day.

******

Alex was still sleeping like a baby on his comfy hotel bed when he felt a gentle hand gesture stroked his hair, he smelled his favorite ever chocolate-scented perfume vapor into his nostrils as he slowly opened his eyes and saw a figure blurry.

“Good morning, sleepy head.” Said the soft voice Alex knew so good.

“Lindy!” Alex’s eyes wide opened as he pulled Lindy’s hand and she fell on top of Alex. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming?!” He added as Alex kissed the girl he had been dating for almost four years.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise then, Gaskarth!” Lindy chuckled. “Too bad Mary and Savannah couldn’t make it here.” She pouted.

Lindy explained the reason why Savannah and Mary couldn’t fly to Dallas, Savannah had to go to Shane’s parents day at school, meanwhile Mary had to finished some of her work before mid day tomorrow and she had tons of works to do.

Jack was standing in front of Alex’s opened door when Lindy told Alex about Savannah going to attend Shane’s parents day and the guilt rushes back into his guts. He wanted to call Savannah and wished her good luck, but he couldn’t. Something told him not to. Something that he called fear.

Across the hotel’s hallway, Jack recognized the ginger girl walking with his best friend who has the best abs, Zack. As soon as Jack saw Riley, he decided to go back inside his room because he knew Riley would ask why on earth didn’t he inform Savannah at all in the past three weeks meanwhile Zack wouldn’t stop texting or asking how she was doing.

Jack was right, but he wasn’t fast enough that when he was just about to open his room, Riley got to him first, standing with Zack with her signature glance.

“What?” Jack pouted.

“I'm just curious..” Riley said as Jack gulped. “If you were over Shane’s school today, would you actually tell them what you do? Or would you just make up something stupid?” She added.

Jack was silent as he just smiled and faked a yawn to excuse himself from the two, walking straight toward the his room mate who was still snoring and comfortably snuggle into his blanket, Rian. Even though Jack tried to look as normal as he could, Riley could sense something went wrong, but Riley wasn’t fast enough to tell Zack what was on her mind because Zack had already asked her something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? I hope you all enjoy it though :)

-Amelia