‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#7

After a little visit for her boyfriend, Riley was finally back in the good old Baltimore town and the first thing she did was visiting her best friend’s house to check in how she was doing. After that phone call with Jack, Savannah hadn’t really checked in with Riley about work or anything, and when Riley called to the office, Matilda, the shop assistant, told her that Savannah didn’t checked in for the past two days, and it was after the phone call.

“Savannah, open the door!” Riley shouted as she rang the bell repeatedly. “Savannah Ash, I demand you to open your door! It’s me, Riley!” She added as the door as the little guy peaked behind it.

“Aunt Riley!” Shane yelled as he let the door wide open and he jumped toward Riley.

“Where’s your mom, big boy?” Riley asked in concern as Shane just hugged her tight, squeezing the bare shoulder of Riley with all of his power and sobbed lastly.

“Mom wouldn’t want to come out of her room since two days ago, and she drank straight from a huge bottle, I don’t know what that is. I'm scared something bad happens to her…”

Riley rolled her eyes out of disbelief, how could the girl she knew was a very responsible mother turned into an alcoholic drunk bitch? Riley smiled as she carried the boy inside and locked the door for good. The first thing she did was asked if Shane had proper meal in the past two days and Riley’s heart sunk when she heard the only thing Shane had been consuming was cereal and some fresh fruits.

“Okay buddy, I’ll cook you something…” Riley stopped her words when she opened the fridge. “Well, scratch cook, I’ll just order you some Wendy’s, is it okay?” She added as Shane nodded.

After a phone call to Wendy’s, Riley gave Shane some cash to pay the delivery order and asked him to watched some cartoons and begged the boy to keep out of his mother’s room as Riley knocked so hard on her room.

Savannah wouldn’t open the door so Riley decided to break in. it was heart breaking to saw how Savannah’s room was. Everything was a mess and the worst mess was the girl lying on the bed with an empty bottle of Jack Daniels on her hand and some other are already broken into pieces.

Riley stepped on the pieces of broken glasses on her Vans sneaker, the shoes she had always picked for a casual day. There was a little crack voice beneath her feet when she stepped on the broken glass. Then she sat down on the edge of Savannah’s bed that was soaked in wet and apparently Riley could smell the sharp scent of the whiskey that was accidentally spilled out of the bottle when Savannah fell asleep.

Gently, Riley stroke her best friend’s hair, trying to wake her softly but that didn’t seem to work. Savannah growl and turned her back on her as she let go of her grasp on the bottle, letting it slowly falling off the bed. Savannah was never an alcohol lover, as much as she used to love to party, getting home wasted was forbidden for her mother.

“Wake up, fool!” Riley finally yelled and grunted in frustration.

Slowly, Savannah opened her eyes and she felt like someone just hit the back of her head with a huge hammer and she didn’t like it. Savannah looked up and found the furious Riley glancing over her direction and all of sudden, she realized she had been neglecting the world and her responsibilities of being a mother.

Savannah sat down on her bed as she looked deeply into Riley’s eyes, feeling the guilt and weight over her shoulder. Savannah immediately crash over Riley, hugging the girl tight to her side, gripping the shoulder and squeezed it as hard as possible. Whatever it takes to release the pain inside her chest, but nothing really worked.

“What were you thinking, Van?!” Riley shouted as Savannah took a step back. “Do you realize what could have happened to Shane if I didn’t come in? He worried sick about you, but he didn’t know what to do, he didn’t eat properly in the past two days because apparently his mother gave up on the world and decided to stop living and start being a drunk bitch!” She added.

“You should have listened to what they were saying. Every one of them!” Savannah yelled back. “They all think I'm a slut. They thought I slept with a random Lebanese guy in a bar, those parents planted bad things on their children’s mind.” She sobbed as she grabbed another bottle of JD.

“And look what you decide to do, drinking another JD and let their thoughts grow and ruin your son’s life. Is that what my mom would do when my life is at a stake? Or is it what Martha told you?”

“What?”

“Oh wait, your mom didn’t drink and get wasted for days when she found out you’re pregnant. She listened to you, she fought for you and the baby. But looks like what Martha was fighting for just didn’t worth it anymore for you.” Riley scoffed.

“How dare you say that?” Savannah yelled.

“Sober up then. Take care of your son, I mean, we’ve all been through shits, and we’re going to be there for each other, Van. I need you to sober up and live today for me and Shane. Be grateful for what you already have…”

There was a long silence between the two, not a single word escapes their lips. Nothing came out but a hug that apparently comforted each other. There was that calming sense that filled Savannah’s guts the moment Riley touched her back, and so did Riley.

“I bought Shane some lunch, and I told Matilda we’re going to check on the new clothes for the show this weekend, so get ready now. I’ll make you some warm milk.” Riley said quickly as she stepped out of Savannah’s room to found Shane was having his lunch with one of her favorite cartoon on, spongebob squarepants.

As the day gone by, Riley and Savannah was wrapping up one of their biggest creation and probably the best thing for their business meanwhile Savannah trying to made up to her son for what she had done in the past couple of days by taking him anywhere she went.

It was getting darker and Matilda decided to went home early because her boyfriend was sick and she had to take care of him. Savannah gladly let her go after such a long busy day and she closed the boutique her own. After done with the shop, Savannah, Riley, and Shane decided to pull over chipotle and had dinner there.

It was a pretty tiring day and meeting the parents from Shane’s school was just the last thing Savannah ever wanted to happened but was the first thing that happened when she entered the restaurant. That woman was looking at Savannah and Shane as if they were so filthy they couldn’t even stare at them bare eyes.

“I don’t get how a girl like you could stay here! You slut. Take yourself and your son away from my daughter’s environment! I don’t want your son to sexually harass my sweet innocent little girl.” The woman whispered loud enough for Riley to hear.

“I’m sorry ma’am, what did you say this girl was? A slut? Wow, I cant believe a woman as old as you had never gone to a manner class. You should go back to school, old lady. And Shane right here, he is the most polite boy because I know Savannah ain’t nothing like you.” Riley defended her best friend as she grabbed both Savannah and Shane out of the restaurant.

Savannah took the key off Riley’s hands as she took over the wheels and drove over a diner over the street that had always been Savannah’s favorite place with Martha. The first thing Riley ordered was a huge scoop of ice cream and Shane decided to have some nice pasta, meanwhile Savannah just had a cup of tea to order.

“You have to get Shane out of that horrible school.” Riley sighed.

“Funny.” Savannah scoffed. “The last time I talked about Shane’s school, Jack was sitting next to me.” She added, mumbled.

“And I will help you now. You should never have trusted Jack for school stuff. You know him!”

“Will my dad comes back anytime soon, aunt Riley?” Shane said as the waitress served his pasta.

“Yes baby, he will come back very soon!” Riley looked over Shane. “And if he doesn’t I will be the one after him.” She added whispering this to Savannah.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any thoughts? Feedbacks would be nice :)
Enjoy!

-Amelia