‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#8

The All Time Low tour bus was heading toward a local venue in Northern Virginia called Jammin Java. It has been exactly three months since they were away from home. Zack had been keeping his relationship steady with Riley but too bad thing didn't go so well for Rian and Alex. Jack on the other hand, he was not anywhere near okay with Savannah.

"Riley called me and told me that she would drive here for tonight's show.." Zack informed his friends as he walked out of their tour bus.

"Is Savannah coming along with her?" Alex asked catching up with Zack as the big guy shrugged. "Jack messed up pretty bad isn't he?" he added.

"Riley wouldn't say anything Savannah related. And I take it as yes, Jack messed up real bad."

The band began their sound check when Matt told them to. It was actually one of those usual routines but Jack kept on messing some parts during Dear Maria, count me in and time bomb. Jack hated the fact he was influenced by the situation he was in, that this was finally getting through his nerves.

"Take a break guys." Alex called in. "What was that, Jack?" He added as he walked toward the guitarist.

"Look man, I don't feel like talking." Jack said, turning away from Alex.

"You're going to play with the band and you messed a lot of parts, don't you dare giving me that damn excuse!" Alex raised his voice and it caught Jack's attention.

"You don't raise your friggin voice to me, Mister!" Jack turned back to Alex.

"You're trying to mess my band, how am I supposed to act?"

"You forgot that this is my band too!" Jack lost his temper and pushed Alex hard that he almost fell off the stage.

Alex couldn't take the way Jack treated him. He walked toward Jack and punched the right side of his face. Seeing this sight, Zack couldn't believe at how childish his band mates could be. He ran toward them immediately and separate the boys with the help from Rian.

"What the fuck, guys? Zack and I left you for a minute and you started to fight?!" Rian said - almost yelling.

"I was asking him nicely..." Alex tried to argue but knew he was wrong. "I'm sorry Jack." He apologized, regretting the harsh words he let out.

"Alex wasn't the only one noticing you messed up. Even I could I know you messed things up from behind the drum set." Rian sighed.

"I miss Savannah and Shane. But I'm scared to meet them.." Jack paused. "They deservedbetter than this jock standing over here."

Jack walked away from his band mates, pacing around just to calm him down. He took a bottle of cold beer that the venue had served them as he took a look at the bright sky. Summer breeze had started to blow and he could listen to the crowd in front of the venue. Those small buzzing around the small local venue that the band hadnt played at for over a year.

Jack's mind played a little memories from his past, when all time low was just a baby band and he wasn't allowed to drive just yet because his band mates didn't want to die. So he decided to stay at the back of the van with Savannah. a smile was seen on te surface of his face, a little giggle escaped his mouth as he let out a sigh.

"This isn't right, Jack.." he thought to himself.

He took out his iphone and stared at the home screen that showed a picture of Savannah and Shane playing together that he took when they're not looking. He put a little smile back on, a little giggle once again escaped that pink lip of his, rubbing the surface of the screen, he wished more could happen. He wish he was brave enough to tell people how much he is in love with the two figures he was looking at through his phone's screen.

"Daddy miss you too, son." Jack mumbled as he heard someone was calling his name and he rushed back into the venue.

Jack stepped back into the venue, but he was somehow uneasy. He knew everyone starred at him directly and he glanced to every one of them, but all they did was smiling toward him.

“Is this some kind of joke?” His mind said to himself.

“Yo Jack! We have a surprise for you!” Alex smiled. “I’m truly sorry about my attitude earlier.” He added as he pulled Jack to the green room.

Alex motioned him to open the door himself as he opened the door, slowly and doubtful, not knowing what he might find inside there. The door knob was moving slowly as he looked back to Alex, pulling the door closed to show Alex his doubt.

“It’s okay, Jackie.” Rian said coming out behind Alex.

Jack embraced himself, telling his mind to stop asking what was inside there and stop being so doubtful because it was unlike him. He smiled toward his friends who were now standing behind him, telling himself that there was no harm behind that door, he swung the door open, wide opened and found Savannah was holding the sleeping Shane.

“Oh…” Jack gulped.

Jack had a lot inside his mind, but none of those thoughts came out. He stood still in silence as he looked outside the room, glancing at them asking for privacy.

“Riley convinced me to bring him along.” Savannah mumbled. “He’s too tired after such a long drive, but he was so excited to meet you, he wanted me to wake him up when you’re here already but…”

Before Savannah could even finish her sentence, Jack cut her off awkwardly.

“Look, I'm sorry I haven’t been that much in contact with you, but I cant do this right now.” Jack said in a breath and he noticed Savannah’s facial expression changed.

“I don’t mean to bother you.” Savannah said, looking down to her sleeping son. “I shouldn’t have been here at first place, we should never have met each other again.” She added as she walked away quickly, not even looking back to where Jack stood, holding up her tears back, wishing Shane wouldn’t be awake until she could get out of the place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates!
Summer holiday wasn't really holiday for me... But i hope you enjoy this one :)

-Amelia