‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#9

“What was that?!” Zack swung the door opened in anger.

Zack was starring deep into Jack’s afraid eyes and he knew that the fear didn’t come from his tone of voice but it was more of what he did to himself and everyone around him. The same fear Zack recognized from the older days, yet he was too mad at him to cool down and talk things out.

Jack didn’t say anything, nor he tried to argue with Zack, he knew he messed up real bad and he knew the consequences would not be close to light. It would be hard and Jack was right. The next thing he knew, he was pinned on the wall and had Zack’s right arm on his neck meanwhile the other one on the wall.

“You should be grateful for Shane’s existence because he’s the son I’d never have!” Zack whispered with rage filling his eyes.

"You know nothing, Merrick!" Jack pushed the big guy away but he came back to him, pinned him back onto the wall.

"I know that you abandoned them! You let them walk out of here alone, I bet you didn't even try stop her when she took Shane out there!" Zack lost his temper and yelled at Zack.

"Its my fucking life, Zack! Quit interfering my life." Jack pushed Zack away harder as he walked out of the room, avoiding any fight.

"Riley can't have any child." Zack said almost whispering but sound painful enough. "She cried at nights, avoiding these whole marriage talks I’ve been so excited about. The car crash when she was 9, the crash that took her brother away. It also took her chance of starting her very own family.” Zack added, realizing he was more hurt than he had ever been.

“Why are you telling me this..” Jack whispered, turning back and face Zack.

“Because you have everything you need. Supports, family, and…” Before Zack could even finish, Jack cut him off already.

“But I don’t have the guts. I’m sorry to hear what you told me, but I cant do this now. Not yet.” Jack said, leaving away feeling more guilty than ever.

Savannah, on the other side, was approached by Riley. Savannah’s eyes were wet and she kept her tears off Shane’s side because she didn’t want him to wake up. Savannah didn’t want to ruin her son’s sweet dream of meeting his dad, but what more could she do? She was wrong when she decided to come back into his life.

Riley stopped her and she had to woke Shane up from his nap so the little guy could help her to convince Savannah to come back inside, and Riley knew her best friend better than anyone else. She got Shane convinced Savannah to come back inside the venue, but this time, Jack was nowhere to be found on the dressing room.

“Where’s daddy, mom?” Shane asked, looking up to Savannah as she shook her head.

“Let’s just go home, Shane. I bet your dad is super busy right now.” Savannah spread the negativity around.

“No! I asked you both to come here so you can meet Jack.” Riley insisted them to stay.

Just then, Savannah heard some guitar intro for one of her favorite all time low song, ‘we say summer’ and she knew where the band was. Savannah had missed feeling so accepted on her own circle of friends, and she would really like to see these guys played for the sake of their very own music and people around them, so when Riley pulled her out of the dressing room, she took Shane along with them.

Riley smiled at the tour manager, Flyzik, letting him know she had done it. She had convinced the girl to come along with her. Shane was a little shy the time he saw Flyzik and took a step to his mother’s back. He was hiding and Flyzik saw a lot of Jack inside the boy. Something that Riley had seen since the first time she saw him.

“Hey little buddy.” Flyzik approached Shane. “My name’s Matt.”

Shane came out of his hiding spot and shook Flyzik’s hand. Shane looked up to Matt as he smiled and started introducing himself, just then, the music from the stage stopped. Break time until the show is actually started. Alex came down from the stage and happily greeted Shane as he ran toward the little guy.

“Do you miss me, or do I miss you more?” Alex asked, confusing little Shane.

“I miss you and dad!” Shane chuckled, looking adorable and it torn Alex’s heart for one good second.

Just after a few seconds, Zack and Rian came running toward Shane but jack was nowhere to be found. Shane didn’t have any negative thought, but Savannah knew a lot much more than her son, she knew Jack chickened out. Outside the venue, behind those walls, she could hear girls screaming for the boys. Longing for a meet and greet session.

“Break time boys, we’ll start today at 7 sharp. No delay.” Flyzik called out, looking firm and serious.

“Yeah, that’s like in two hours. We can catch up with this boy for a little while.” Zack said, picking Shane off on his hands and walked toward their dressing room, leaving the rest of the guys.

“I’ll try to find Jack.” Alex said shortly, not even trying to look up to Savannah or Riley.

“He’s just a scared little boy, don’t be too harsh on him, Alex.” Savannah demanded as Alex nodded and went off to find Jack.

Savannah went back to the dressing with Riley and Rian, talking about how much they’ve missed each other. As they came into the dressing room, they saw Zack and Shane were playing Rian’s drum stick, thinking as if they were a wizard. Both of them looked happy, and a little part of Riley died. She wanted to scream, she wanted to cry, she didn’t want to face Zack.

“Aunt Riley! Are you the victim uncle Zack and I supposed to save? Or is it you, mom?” Shane yelled.

“Are we playing rescue mission? I’d like to kidnap your princess, wizards!” Rian yelled as he put his hands around Savannah’s and Riley’s necks.

Shane looked somewhat shock but Zack handled the little wizard well, he taught Shane some of Harry Potter’s famous defending spell and made up almost the rest of everything. Of course Shane wasn’t able to follow some of the made-up-words, so he just mumbled.

Savannah and Riley asked for help as Rian laughed trying to sound like a real evil villain but fail. Everyone inside the room clearly didn’t notice that Alex just joined them until he couldn’t keep his laugh over Rian’s fail evil laugh blew up.

“Sorry, didn’t mean to interrupt the game!” Alex said, trying to keep his voice together. "But Rian is too nice to be the bad guy!" He raise his tone of voice as Rian let the two girls go.

"Fill me in, Gaskarth. Show us pure evil." Rian gave in to Alex's statement.

"But what role would uncle Rian plays as?" Shane questioned, not wanting Rian to back out as Alex stuttered, scratching the back of his head, not knowing the answer.

"I do! I know!" Jack suddenly came inside the room, looking both excited and terrified.

Shane couldn't be happier than when Jack showed up. He ran toward his old man and gave him the biggest kind of hug ever. Jack held his little guy tight, not wanting to let him go for one good moment. The guilt was rushing to his veins and he just wanted to make it up to the boy he was holding.

"I'm a wizard right now, Dad!" Shane informed Jack.

"I know! That's why I'm here, I want a role too. I think uncle Rian and I can be..." There was a long pause.

"Uncle Rian can help you and uncle Zack, I'll be the bad guy with uncle Alex." Jack made his mind up as he placed himself next to Alex, wrapping his hand around Savannah's necklace.

"I've missed you so much." Savannah whispered.

"I know, I've felt the same. I'm just a little too coward to show it." Jack whispered back. "I'm still so much in love with you and our adorable son." He added as the role play carried on.