Status: I have not written much for this story but I wanted to post what I have so far, I also have not done any editing for this story yet.

Sibling Rivilary

Chapter 2

For the rest of the afternoon I sat in the backroom taking inventory and cleaning up. I kept thinking about Amy and Christian. I was just surprised that Amy did not mention him to me sooner. Amy normally would have started bragging and jumping up and down screaming it, the moment he asked her out. When I went back to the front of the store I asked my Mother how Amy met Christian. She said she was not exactly sure but she met him at a party. My Mother laughed when she saw my reaction.
“I know I know Olivia, you thinking how could I let her date some guy she met at a party and how do I know he is a good guy?”
“Well… I mean you know how Amy is. She would date an Axe Murder if it meant she would have a boyfriend.”
“Yes I know she would, but Christian is a really nice guy. They have been dating since September. He really looks out for Amy. I have not seen him put her in any kind of dangerous situations. You should ask her about how they met at the party, all I know is it was her friend Kelly’s party and Christian knows Kelly’s brother.”
“Oh…”
“Why are you asking anyway?’
“Oh no reason I was just curious. Christian doesn’t really seem like the kind of guy Amy would want to date.”
“Yeah I know. It is good though, this way he is keeping her out of trouble and away from the losers she was dating.”
“Mom, do you know much about him?”
“Who, Christian? A little, he lives with his parents and he has two younger sisters. I think they are twins. I know he is twenty and studying at the community college and planning on transferring but that is about all I know. Why?”
“I was just wondering. I am surprised Amy didn’t tell me about him sooner.”
Later that night I went upstairs to Amy’s room to apologize for everything that happened earlier and I was hoping she would tell me more about Christian and how the two of them met. If they really did meet at a party I was shocked my Mother was so comfortable with him dating my sister. As I walked up to the door I could hear Amy’s music playing from her computer, she was listening to one of her favorite songs. I slowly cracked the door open and saw that she was painting her nails again for the second time today. I opened the door all the way and said hello. She looked up and smiled at me then ran over to her bed and said, “Olivia look at this awesome dress I just bought! I am so excited to wear it! I think I am going to wear it on Friday for the festival. Christian is taking me, we are gonna have so much fun! I think he is going to buy me a bracelet or something, ya know like from one of those little booths that are set up.”
It was just like Amy to have her outfits picked out three days in advance. The dress was an off the shoulder red minni dress. She also had a pair of silver strappy heals to wear with it. Amy was always much more into fashion than I was, so she always knew exactly what to wear and when to wear it. She would come into my room and ask to clean out my closet all the time. Apparently jeans and tank tops or t shirts were not the newest fashions. Amy sat back down and began painting her nails again. I walked into the room and looked around, remembering all the different games we would play in there when we were little.
“So Olivia I really think you should come to lunch with me and Christian. I was telling Mom earlier that maybe Christian could introduce…”
“No!”
“No? You did not even let me finish.”
“Amy I know what you were going to say. I heard you talking to Mom earlier, and I will not be set up on dates. Especially not by my younger sister.”
“Oh come on Olivia! Please? You don’t even know Christian he is really great and so are his friends. I mean you never know you could meet Mr. Right.”
I was not going to argue with her about it. There was no point, I was perfectly fine on my own and I did not need a boyfriend. I was not about to let my younger sister tell me that I was a loser who needed help meeting people. As Amy tried to convince me what a great idea double dating was I realized that it wouldn’t have mattered anyway. I was going to school thousands of miles away, and would practically never get to see the guy anyway. I explained all of this to Amy and it managed to keep her quiet, but I knew eventually she would bring it up again. I sat down on her bed and started fiddling with one of the stuffed animals that was tossed to the corner of her bed.
“Amy, how did you meet Christian anyway?” I decided that just coming right out and asking her was the simplest way to find anything out. She turned around and smiled, then came and sat down on the bed next to me.
“Do you really want to know? It is kind of a long story and hard to explain. I went to a party at Kelly’s and saw him there, and well of course you know I thought he was gorgeous! I mean we never said two words to each other, but you know me. So anyway there was a bunch of drama going down between Kelly, Marie and me. Kelly and Marie were getting totally wasted and started saying shit about me and making problems. I got pissed and wanted to leave but I had no way home and Mom and Dad weren’t around to come pick me up. So I went outside and sat out there, I figured at least I could get away from them. But by that time everyone was talking about me and saying shit. I tried not to but I started to cry, and I ran to the corner of the street. Christian apparently saw and heard everything so he came after me. He says he was worried something might have happened to me. He sat on the corner with me and just started talking to me. He was so funny he had me laughing again in minutes. After a bit he offered to drive me home.”
“You let him drive you home!”
“Well I mean it was not like I had many options. I know I know he was a stranger and I could have gotten in more trouble but obviously I was fine. He dropped me off and asked if we could hang sometime. I was so excited I mean hello a hot and rich guy wants to chill with me! I gave him my number and went in the house. He called me like 30 seconds later and asked if I was ok. We talked for the rest of the night. He called me every night after that until I finally asked him not too so I could get some sleep.”
“Oh wow… That was really sweet. How did you know he was rich though?”
“Well isn’t it obvious? He walks around in polo shirts and is always clean. He is super polite and doesn’t have tattoos or piercings.”
“Amy that doesn’t mean he is automatically rich.”
“Whatever Olivia.”
I was really happy to hear that Christian was really a good guy. Amy can be a bit immature at times and it ends up getting her into trouble, she has even lost some really good friends because of it. Being with a guy who is apparently rich and treats her really was exactly what Amy needed.

As I came back to reality I heard the wedding bells chime. I knew I could not wait any longer, Amy was not coming and I had no one to blame but myself. My Father took my hand and wrapped it around his arm.
“This is it Olivia. There is no backing out now.”
He looked at me half hoping I would back out, but that was not what I wanted. I was ready to get married. Getting married was all I could think about anymore it was the one thing I would do anything for. I even chose getting married over my sister. At large wooden doors opened as I tried to make myself smile before I took my first step.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am not sure how clear it will be but as I was writing this I had the past in a different font than the present to help prevent any confusion. I have to go back and fix that to make sure everything is clear.