Status: I'm just trying this. Hopefully it won't suck.

When Things Got Messy

Liam

I was always the sensible one of the group. I always looked out for everyone. I was the "daddy" of the group. We were never supposed to end up like this. I knew that "party", the so called "celebration", was a horrible idea. If I just went with my gut feeling we wouldn't be here. Dammit!
But honestly, I'm no longer concerned with myself. It is beyond me or my "mates". Someone had died and another had been given life.

How the heck did we end up like this? It's the worst feeling to be tried for something you didn't even do. It's even worse to have every eye in the court staring you down, swearing that you're a murderer. It sucks that a few headlines and accusations can ruin your entire life. It's a bitch that one mishap can end a lad's life. That lad I once called friend.

If we could only turn back time it could have been so different. I have now learned how to not take things for granted because come tomorrow you just might not have it anymore.
I just wish we could go back when things were easy. The days when the wort thing in the world was having a crush, but not having enough courage to do anything about it. Those were the days.

It was a normal day for Niall, Aria, and I. We had just gotten off of school and were spending the afternoon at my house, trying to avoid doing our homework. We would hang around in my room not doing much of anything.
We all had our usual spots. Niall and I spread out on the hardwood flooring and Aria would occupy my bed. Niall and I would entertain ourselves with video games while Aria insisted on listening to the radio with the window slightly cracked. Then there were the days when we would slip into an unsettling silence or tension. One of us would always end up breaking the silence that would lead to, what we would have called, a serious conversation. That day was one of those days in particularly.

I recall Niall and I were playing some type of superhero game that day. I had just beaten him again and I could tell it was getting to him. Aria's voice was lingering in the background as she sang along with the radio to an old S Club 7 song. Then it just kind of happen. We had grown awkwardly silent.

"So what do you think about Danielle," I asked as I started the next round of the game. I kept my eyes locked on the screen, avoiding awkward eye contact.

"Peazer," Niall asked.

"Yeah, she's nice right?"

"Yeah I guess, but she's one of those," Niall said. He paused the game and turned look at me. "Why are you taking such interest in them lately?"

"Well isn't it obvious," Aria asked. She scooted to the edge of my bed, joining the conversation. "He's in love with her! And Niall, my brother and one of my best friends are one of 'them'." Aria snapped at Niall. She was the only one of us that still had a good relationship with the other half. I'm still not sure why we all still aren't friends. We just kind of drifted apart I guess.

"Whatever Aria. I don't even get why you hang out with them," Niall said, rolling his eyes.

"I am not in love with her," I snapped back at her, changing the subject back to Danielle. I was not in love with Danielle, I was just a little interested.

"Fine, but you can't deny that you have a thing for her." Aria was now lying on her back, just slightly hanging off the bed. I shrugged my shoulders, looking at her. "Don't lie. You guys get on really well. I see the way you look at her. I may not have much a love life, but I know crushes when I see them, Lamb." She reached over to grab my face, pulling me closer to her. "You like her."

I pulled her hands off of me and shrugged again. "So what if I do." I could feel myself blushing slightly.

"It means you'll be spending all of your time with them and I'll end up being by myself. What ever happened to bros before hos." Niall chimed in. He was being rude, but I understood why. He wasn't having the best week. His parents were fighting again, his brother had gotten charged with substance abuse again, and Eleanor and him had just broken up, yes again. He just didn't want to have to share his best friend, I got it.

"Shut up Niall," Aria said, playfully hitting him. "Don't listen to him, Liam. He's just jealous." Aria sat up and slid onto the floor. She sat in the middle of us both, but focused her attention on me. "She's a great girl for you. She's pretty, a dancer, and nice."

"Yeah, I know." I smiled as I thought about her. She was perfect for me. "So, you think she'll go to the dance with me?"

"Of course she will," Aria said as she pinched Niall to prevent him from saying anything harsh. She began to bounce up and down with excitement. "How are you going to ask her? Just plain and simple or are you going to do something really sweet like spelling it out with like cupcakes?" Aria rambled on and on about it. She claimed she was a specialist just because she wanted romantic movies and read the cutest love stories like it was her religion.

"Should I," I finally asked. "Should I really ask her to the dance, I mean? Do you think I have much of a chance."

Aria sighed and grabbed my hand. "Why are you always so hard on yourself? You're a total babe, funny, nice, and would be perfect for any girl. If they don't see it then that's their problem." She paused a moment so I had time for it to sink in. "But whatever you're going to do, you better move fast. I over heard my brother talking to his friends about her. I think he's thinking about asking her too." Aria let go of my hand and stood without warning. She walked over to my window and stared for a while. "She's outside. You better hurry." Aria turned back to face us.

"I don't even know what I'm going to say," I said as I stood.

She shot Niall a look before saying anything, telling him to bite his tongue. "You have time to think on the way out there," she said pushing me out of my bedroom door.

"But--."

"Ugh fine, try something like 'I like you, I think you're pretty, will you go to the dance with me?' See not that hard," she said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her before I turned to walk down the stairs. Before I knew it I was out the front door and approaching the girl I had been fawning over for the longest. I couldn't believe I was actually going to do it. I stood tall, shoulders back, and ready for my attack. I let out a deep breath before I tapped her shoulder lightly, pulling out of her practice.

"Oh hey, Liam," she said, turning to face me as she pulled her headphones out of her ears.

"H-hi," I said bashfully like an idiot. She smiled at me and laughed. We stood for a while just looking at each other. I was trying to find the right way to put it, but I could tell she was growing impatient with me.

"So, did you want something because I'm actually supposed to meet Louis soon. His mom is going to take us to go pick out my dress so we can color coordinate." She smiled and spun in a circle with excitement.

"So you're going to the dance with Louis?" I asked in defeat.

"Yeah," her smile grew even larger. "He asked me today, it was so cute. He got me flowers and everything. It was very picturesque."

"Oh," I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Well I don't want to keep you," I said turning.

"No, wait," she called after me. "Didn't you want something?"

"Uh, I just was going to ask you about the science assignment, but it's no big deal I'll just go ask Aria," I said in a rush and not thinking it through. We didn't even have science together, we weren't even in the same grade.

"But Liam," she called again, but I kept walking. I know it's not very "manly" to cry, but I admit it. I cried. I cried like baby. It just kind of hurt. I was too late. Danielle wasn't interested and had a better guy. At that moment life sucked.


Goodness. Compared to what is all going on now, I missed that day. I would give anything right about now to go back to that day. Sure my heart had been broken, but that wouldn't be the last time and it surely wasn't the end for Danielle and I either. Boy, I thought life sucked then. If I only knew that that it could get much much worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally just sat down and wrote it and I actually kind of like it. WOOOOX3 um so just so you guys don't get confused let me just fill you in. I'm going to be doing like two character chapters and then a chapter of a bit of the actual story until I get all ten character chapters and then I will carry on with the entire story. Okay? Okay, good:) Well thank you for reading and all of the comments and subscribers and recs. I love you all thank you really:)

~Dani