The Mirror

Thursday June 12th

Jools woke up slowly.
Her father was in her dream. Her dad, that was assumed dead over 2 years ago, that she hated for abandoning her, who’s picture lay face down on her bed side table, was in her dream.
Could that mirror be responsible for her fathers’ disappearance? Could it be the reason he has been “dead” for the last two years?
She stared at the mirror. ‘How can such an ordinary piece of bedroom furniture be a gate way to a different world?’

11am. Nathan and Jools stood in front of the mirror.
Nathan tilted his head.
“It looks like an ordinary mirror,” he said plainly.
“Yeah. I know. That’s what it looks like. But if my dream from last night is right, it’s some sort of gate way,” Jools replied.
“A gate way?” Nathan asked her, cocking his eyebrow at her.
“I know it seems stupid but I’m being serious. According to that dream, my dad’s through in that other world,” she replied nodding toward the mirror.
“Well what happened in the dream?”
“We just touched the mirror and we were there,” Jools said simply. “The light engulfed us like it engulfed you the other night.”
“So, we touch it then?” Nathan asked Jools while he inspected the back of the mirror. “Are you sure this is a gateway? Maybe you’ve been watching too much sci-fi.”
Jools scowled at him.
“I know what I saw. I’m not insane. It was a dream. I saw my dad. He was through the mirror. Maybe he’s trapped or injured or something.”
Nathan looked sympathetic.
“Okay. Tomorrow, we’ll play out your dream. Okay?” Nathan said to her. Jools was looking worried. She didn’t know what state her dad was in. she didn’t know what he had been through, where exactly he is. She didn’t know anything. She had to at least try.

Jools sat on the edge of her bed waiting for Nathan to arrive. The ring on the doorbell and knocks on the door announced his presence. She could hear him coming up the stairs and she watched him come through the door. He was as gorgeous as ever; his blue eyes almost crystal and brown fringe long enough to hang slightly over his eye.
“Okay are we going to do this?” he asked her….