Status: working on it!

Promises are Meant to Be Kept

Chapter Six

When I got home from the hospital, I had an hour and a half to get ready for the game. I took a quick shower, and changed into a pair of dark jeans, a long sleeve white shirt, and a pair of black Toms. I curled my hair and pinned my bangs back, and did my makeup lightly.

I grabbed a canvas tote bag and threw in a pain of ballet flats and a cute scarf just in case we went out after the game.

Not even a minute later, my doorbell is blaring in my apartment. I smile and roll my eyes knowing exactly who it is. I open the door to confirm my suspicions. “Why hello there Sam, how very nice to see you,” I said in a mocking polite tone.

“Oh shuttup Julia. Now spill,” she said rolling her eyes and pushing her way through. I looked at her outfit which was a black jersey with Kane’s name and number on it, a pair of grey jeans and red Converse. Her blond hair was up in a bun, and her makeup was also light.

“Can I tell you on the way there?” I asked.

“FINE IF YOU MUST.”

“Do you have stuff to change into if we go out afterwards?”

“Why would we go out?” she asked, puzzled.

“Um, because….” I couldn’t think of an answer, but she was already in my closet grabbing stuff and shoving it into my canvas tote.

“Can we go now?” she asked impatiently.

I chuckled and nodded as I made sure I had everything. Once I did, I locked up the apartment and we were walking to the car.

“You know Jules, you are being very mysterious about this,” Sam commented.

I chuckled and got into her car. “OKAY WE’RE IN THE CAR WILL YOU PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT THESE TICKETS,” Sam exploded.

I burst out laughing and we sat and laughed at a traffic light for a minute. Once we calmed down, I explained to her how I met Andrew at the hospital visit and he gave me the tickets.

“Wait. So does that mean you’re dating him?” I felt my cheeks flush as I nodded.

It was a good thing we were at another traffic light or else we might’ve crashed into someone.

“YOU’RE DATING CHICAGO’S HOTTEST ROOKIE ON AND OFF THE ICE AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME SOONER? OHMYGOD YOU’RE DATING ADREW SHAW.”

This freak-out session lasted for the entire ride until we reached the United Center. Once we parked, I turned and looked to Sam. I placed my hands on her shoulders and looked her straight in the eye. “Sam, you have to stay calm please. I can’t have you freaking out the entire night, okay?” She nodded and we walked to will call. On they way to will call, I got a text from Andrew.

Andrew:
come to the locker room after the game :)

I smiled and texted back.

how the hell do I get there? you have to remember that I’ve never dated a NHL player before ;)

A couple minutes later, I got another text.

Andrew:
I’ll send someone for you and Sam

alright. Good luck and be safe please

Andrew:
thanks, see you later babe

I blushed at the text and Sam must’ve noticed because before I know it, she has my phone in her hands and “Awh”-ing at the text. I stick my tongue out and go get our tickets.

Once we got our tickets, we went to our seats which were a couple rows back from the glass center-ice, across from the bench. I heard Sam mutter under her breath, “Holy shit.” I chuckled and sat down, waiting for the boys to warm up.

Sam and I made small talk and pretty soon the team was on the ice to warm up. They did a couple drills, and then I see Andrew look up to our seats and a grin appeared on his face. He motioned to the glass and mouthed, Come here! I laughed and nodded and dragged Sam to the glass.

“Hey Andrew,” I greeted.

“Hey babe,” and I once again blushed. Sam cleared her throat next to me, causing all of us to laugh.

“Sam, this is Andrew, Andrew, this is Sam.” They waved at each other before a few of Andrew’s teammates skated over to the glass to see what was going on. They included Brent, both Patricks and Jimmy Hayes. I waved to the guys I met at the hospital, and Andrew introduced me to the ones that I haven’t met. I looked at Sam and Patrick Kane who were engaged in their own conversation, and I could’ve sworn that they were flirting and making googly-eyes at each other.

“Awh, look at Kaner, flirting with Sam,” Patrick Sharp teased. Pretty soon the entire group had Kane and Sam blushing.

“HEY SLACKERS. GET GOING UNLESS YOU WANNA DO SUICIDES FOR THE REST OF THE MONTH.” Jonathan Toews yelled from center ice. They all cringed when he yelled.

The rest of the group skated away, and Andrew simply put his glove on the glass. I put my hand over his glove on the glass.

“Seriously Andrew, I don’t want to have to go to the locker room until AFTER the game. No injuries.” He chuckled and nodded. “Alright, good luck Andrew.”

“SHAWZY LAST WARNING. YOU KNOW WHAT, GO DO AN EXTRA LAP LOVER BOY.” Laugher filled the ice from the guys warming up.

I laughed out loud when Andrew cringed and rolled his eyes at the voice. We said “bye” at the same time and I walked back to our seats with Sam.

Once we sat down in our seats, Sam raised her eyebrows at me and nudged my arm with a knowing smile. “Oh shuttup, Sam,” I said laughing.

~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The second period was underway and the boys were playing great. They were up 3-1 against Columbus. Viktor Stalberg had 2 goals, and Patrick Sharp had the third. Viktor was hunting for his hat trick, and I could tell that Andrew was looking for a goal. Possibly to impress me, but I could care less if he score a goal or not. I just wanted him to play well.

After playing keep away with the puck for a little bit, Andrew finally got the puck out of the zone for a breakaway. Sam and I were holding our breath while standing halfway out of our seats. He deked to the left and shot to the right and Columbus’ goalie couldn’t keep up with him.

The puck went into the back of the net and Sam and I jumped out of our seats and hugged. Andrew did his classic fist pump and was grinning ear to ear as he pointed at me and mouthed, For you. I blushed while grinning and continued clapping. Everyone still stood from the excitement from the goal, and we stood for a few more minutes until the end of the period. We all cheered at the sound of the horn, and some people filed out to go to the bathrooms or get some food.

Sam and I sat down and pulled out our phones to check unread text messages or other things. I shot a quick text to Andrew:

Beautiful goal, babe!

The intermission ended, and pretty soon Viktor Stalberg finally scored his hat trick achieving goal. Sam and I were dancing to Chelsea Dagger, and the hats rained down onto the ice.

The rest of the period went without many events, and to my liking, Andrew and the team didn’t get any injuries. When the horn sounded the end of the period, the Madhouse went wild, and congratulated the Hawks on the great performance.

I looked up and a woman in the UC’s security outfit asked us if we were Julia and Sam. When we nodded, she led us to the locker room.

We waited outside the locker room until everyone was decent, and when we went in, I immediately found Andrew. Since he didn’t see me, I walked behind him and hugged him from behind.

“Wha-what?” he turned around and a huge smile formed on his face, and he pulled me in for a real hug. I laughed and stood on my tip toes because he was taller than me.

He placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me in for a kiss.

Pretty soon, I heard cat calls and wolf whistling from around the locker room.

“Yeah! You go, Shazy!”

“Get a room!”

I pulled away smiling and blushing form the comments – I never like being the center of attention. Andrew chuckled and squeezed my hand.

“HEY. LET’S GO CELEBRATE,” a voice shouted. The team cheered and details were passed around.

“Do you wanna go?” Andrew asked me.

I shrugged. “Sure, if you want.”

“Okay, I’m almost done.”

“I have some of my stuff in Sam’s car, so how about I meet you at the bar?”

He nodded. “I’ll see you later, Jules,” he said as he pecked my lips.

I smiled and found Sam once again flirting with Patrick Kane.

“’Ey Sam! Let’s go,” I called to her.

“Oh, okay. See you later Pat,” she said pecking his cheek.

“YEAH KANER. GET SOME,” one of the guys yelled out. Everyone laughed as Patrick and Sam turned as red as their home jerseys.

We drove to the bar after quickly changing in the car, and drove to the b
♠ ♠ ♠
there ya go! better late than never!
julia's game outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=51671732
sam's game outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_13/set?id=51674467