‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Start the Machine

Three years later

I looked at the immense house in front of me as Jazz slammed the door. It was your typical suburban home- a picket fence, white door and shutters, etc. But what happened here was not something that happened in most homes. Hopefully.

"Two vamps," Jazz explained coming up to my side. "One burned out, the other killed himself."

I kept my eyes on the house. "Any humans?"

"One little girl," she softly said, beginning to walk up to the house with me, pausing as her hand on the door knob. "What is with these sick fucks and little kids?"

I shook my head. We pushed the door open and instantly were greeted with the sharp metallic smell of blood. Jazz wrinkled her nose, but pressed on like always.

The house was trashed, but I expected this-it was always like this. I ran up the stairs, and nearly threw up at the sight before me.

Crumpled in the corner was little Amy Wright, hugging her body in a frozen seizure with dried blood on her arms, stomach, legs, and neck. Her eyes were shut, and her mouth was twisted into a grimace she never should have formed so young.

Another parent with grief.

Another case left to rot.

I hate vampires. I despised them with everything I could have.

"TK!"

I detached myself from this bloody scene to find Jazz. Jazz was holding a vial in her hands with disgust, fighting the urge to try to revive the two sprawled out vamps before her to kill them.

"Damned Elixir," she growled. "Fucking stupid-"

"They really burned out," I said in awe, interrupting her. The girl was completely ashen, with no skin on her. She was a mutilated corpse. The male had bite marks all over his body, as if he tried to drink himself alive.

This was new.

"We got to get out of here," I breathed. I didn't like being in here with something we haven't encountered yet. This was too new for us to take on blindly. I shook her out of her rant and dragged her out of the house.

This reeked of her doing. It was her drug, her house, but this was definitely her handiwork. The broken child, the two left for dead, it had to be her.

I was getting closer to my mark, and the walls were closing in on her.

Finally.

The games would finally begin.

Matt's POV

"What do you have for me?" I asked gruffly sitting down. Zacky rolled his eyes and threw a file at me.

"Tristin Kennedy Christian," he explained as I opened the file. "Nineteen years old, but one hell of a tracker."

Jimmy sighed and threw another file at me. "Jasmine Gomez, also nineteen, faithful best friend and ex-juvie delinquent. Guess where they were at five PM today?"

Realization hit me, making me close my eyes and groan. "Please tell me she didn't."

"They did," Syn's voice echoed the room as he walked in with Johnny. He looked pissed, but Johnny looked downright mutinous. "Good job finding out who they were, finally." Zacky and Jimmy looked smug, while I just glared at Zacky. "But you," he rounded to me, "were supposed to make sure they didn't go snooping where they shouldn't be!"

"I don't see why you think it's some walk in the park," my anger rose. "She's worse than her cousin! She got her mind bent on revenge and there's nothing I can do about it! Yell at Maria!"

"You are not about to yell at me, Shadows," a cold voice made me jump. "So you can kiss my ass. Do your job and I'll do mine."

I sighed in defeat as I stared at the paper. Two years and she was still a pain in my eternal ass. I don't know why she was always at the scenes we had to clean up, but it was downright suspicious and I was going to stop it.

And find out why she was there, too, for starters.

"Get on it," Syn said before walking back out of the room. "And don't fuck up."

Johnny smirked at me before following him out, making me flick him off.

I was doing this tonight, this bitch was making me annoyed. She had her cousin's talent that was for damn sure.

Something told me it was going to get her and us in a lot of trouble in the near future.