‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Pretty Handsome Awkward

Jazz's POV

"FUCK ME!" Brandon screamed, holding his bloody hands to his stomach. A sai was stuck right at the end of his ribcage. I stared down at my body, already aware of the damage being caused by the knife sticking out of my abdomen. I winced as I yanked it out, letting my blood splatter on the floor.

"You know," the man grinned. "You should be more careful when you just barge into a place like that."

I couldn't say anything. I've been stabbed before, but not like this. I felt a seizure take hold of my body and soon I was on the floor screaming bloody murder.

"AHHHHHHAAAAAHHHH!"

"Jazz?"

I couldn't answer, but opening my mouth allowed blood to pour out onto the ground. Fire was erupting all over my body-in my eyelids, my stomach, and my chest. Brandon was keeled over also, muttering no like a prayer. He was propped up on another door,

"Yeah," the man's foot raised only to land on the ground. I coughed, reaching my hand up to catch my now bleeding nose. "New thing Carolyn came up with, Shadows. Before her untimely death that is."

A roar shook the ground and my nerves enough to cause me to groan. I couldn't even see what he was doing, but Matt sure was pissed.

"You better have the cure, Evan," he snapped. "Or so help me-"

"You couldn't protect her," the man smirked. "How are you going to protect little Jasmine? Or her friend? Although," he continued, oblivious to Matt's low growls or my whimpers and gagging, "you lost her didn't you?"

I started gasping, trying to suck air into my lungs. "Fuck. You." he growled before jumping him.

Sounds of fists flying and grunting didn't help the fact that Brandon and I were sprawled out on the ground with various holes on our bodies, twitching from whatever poison he laced the damn knives in. I looked around franticly, trying my hardest to see through the haze settling in.

"It looks like you're about to lose another one," Evan smirked through his own bloody mouth. Matt looked at me and in a flash I was in his arms, lifted to run. Brandon was shaking erratically and tried to get up, but the next thing I heard was his choking.

A red-head was standing over him and pouring a black liquid in his throat, making him shake. My eyesight was bad enough but I swore I saw smoke rising from his body. Coughing, I blinked, trying to see more.

<He'll be fine,> I heard. <Otherwise, you can kill me yourself.>

I felt Matt's arms tighten around me, right before blood splattered on his chest. The girl looked up at my hastily wiping my mouth and threw the bottle, which fell at Matt's feet.

Damn.

I looked up at Matt's face, which was twisted into shock. I was numbly let to the ground and given the drink. At first it was hard, given the fact that I didn't trust it or her. But all I had the strength for was a shake of the head. After my head stopped ringing, I was snapped out of my pain by-

"YOU!" Evan pointed, looking scared. All the attention was on her. She seemed fine with it, but the energy radiating off on her screamed relentless.

Cold and beautiful. But man was she pissed. Instead of snarling, all she did was smile and walk over to him. I couldn't help but look in awe. And jealousy. I did want to kill him.

"Yeah. I'm back. And you," she lifted her hand to comb his hair, only to snap his neck. "Had that coming."

"Gabrielle?" Matt whispered as his body hit the ground. She turned around and cocked her head to the side.

"Hey, Shadows. Miss me?"

The look on Matt's face showed that he had not missed her. And I was beginning to be afraid.

Something told me this chick was not on our side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha-ha, never said she was dead! I did take long enough on this. But I'm working on the next chapter for this and "Closer". Have fun commenting!