‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

I Knew I Should've Worn Red

Gabrielle's POV

Hospitals. Never liked them. Blood flowing freely without being able to take it. Lives ending, leaving countless people in tears. Or no one. It depended on the life of the one departed. And they will never know that dying was better off than staying here.

Full of jealousy and full of the vile bitterness we call death.

They were close to it, but we got them back in time. Vampire venom. The son of a bitch stabbed them with vampire venom. The boy was stable, awake, and pissed. I left him with the understanding of why I was there. My identity would be revealed if and only if I lived.

I had a lot to atone for, and I would die trying. I knew that. Jasmine and Tristin held my role in their hands, even if one was missing and the other holding on for consciousness. I fought many wars, but I fought them decisively as a Heather. Now, as myself, I wasn't sure of anything anymore.

Especially of whether Shadows almost saved her, or almost got her killed. He had feelings for her, but that was clouding his judgment. I watched as he absentmindedly stroked her hand and leaned on the doorpost. Ignoring the jabs of unfamiliar feelings, I spoke up, startling him out of his gaze. "She's going to be fine. So will the boy. The boys are outside. Still speechless, still glaring-"

"Why are you here?" he turned his head to face me. I looked down but smiled to myself.

"I'm here to fight. Not you, not her, not even the boys. Cassie has a lot to explain, and she will. So I'm here," I picked myself up and moved to leave. "Deal with it."

I needed to get out of here. I breezed past the countless doctors and equipment to open the roof stairs. After standing on the roof for a good twenty minutes, I heard the question.

"Well?"

"I'm in. But don't forget," I turned around to face Tristin. "No contact."

~*I didn't forget.~* she shrugged.

Good.

Her eyes seemed to lose their shine and I walked over to lift her face.

"It'll get easier, kid."

She laughed and shook her head. "Wars don't get won by easy. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a storage house to bomb."

I nodded and left her to the darkness and the city lights.

I lied.

And I knew it and she knew it.

We were just cowards and didn't want to say it.

Fear. What a great enemy and ally to have.
♠ ♠ ♠
When I wrote this, I swore it was longer. More to come and thanks for reading!