‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Alive and Kicking

Gabrielle's POV

"I want out! NOW!"

Shattering glass broke in the hallway as Brian ducked out of the door. She had a good shot, but she was about two inches off if she aimed at his head.

"She has a good aim," I smirked, leading Brian to flip me off. I rolled my eyes and walked into the room. I caught the flying lamp before it collided with my head, throwing it back at Jazz. She quickly moved her hand and caught it. I smirked and quickly moved to close the door in Syn's sputtering face.

"HEY!"

"Why are you here?" she hissed.

"Same reason why you're here, Jasmine. To get rid of the spiteful bitch."

She stiffened, gripping the sheets. I was going to try and stay patient. I did a lot of shit that deserved this. "Why now?"

"Let's just say she gave what I had coming to me," I shrugged. "Now it's my turn to return the favor."

"She know you're alive?"

I wrinkled my nose, "I'm not a complete amateur."

"EVERYTHING OKAY IN THERE?!" Matt and Syn screamed.

"YEAH!" we yelled back. Jazz just raised her eyebrows at me, making me smile.

She didn't trust me.

Good.

"Game plan?"

"First, we go piss her off. Then, we piss her off again. The objective is to piss her off so much that she has no choice but to fight us."

Jazz nodded. "But she does have shit on us. What about that?"

I shook my head, "Nothing we can do about it. But let's go."

"Dude," she stared at me like I was an idiot,"bed rest?"

"Get off it, Gomez. I've seen you get beamed by a bullet and run in three days. Quit milking it."

Grumbling, she jumped out of bed and made her way to the closet. "Well, nothing like sneaking out for old time's sake."

That's the spirit.

Jazz's POV

I hated this place. Dark, mysterious, full of trees, and one fire.

Catching Cassie off guard was something that only happened once in a blue moon. So the gloat on my face was immense when her face twisted into pure hatred when she saw me.

"Well, look what the snake dragged in," she turned to stare at the fire again. I walked to sit across from her, settling onto the chair.

"Hello, Cassie," I smiled. "Want to play a game?"

This grabbed her attention. She looked up from the fire and grinned, her fangs slowly beginning to protrude over her bottom lip.

"I'm listening."

"Good. I settle my end of the deal. Discreetly. In exchange for T.K. alive and well."

She cocked her head to the side, as if thinking before she shook her head. "Nope."

"Why not?"

"I don't like her. I can afford to be bitchy and non-hospitable. You can deal with the boys and their tempers some other day."

"I thought you would say that," I leaned back and crossed my arms. "Which is why reinforcements are always key."

A soft thud behind me signaled me to Gabrielle's arrival from the trees above. Cassie's eyes alerted me to the second surprise she had all night.

It's times like these that almost make it all worthwhile.

Almost.

"You're alive!?" she screeched.

"Come off it, did you think that Stacia was the only one with the ability to fake her own death?" I couldn't see her, but I knew she was irritated. It dripped from her tone. "I only played stupid murderer. I'm not an idiot, you got rid of three other girls before me."

"And to think," she fumed. "I picked you."

"You also picked Talia too," I smirked. "Look where that got you."

<You little bitch.> she snarled before jumping for me. I rolled out of the way, not even noticing the resulting rip on my jacket.

"You got a temper, you know that?" I laughed, her brown eyes flashing black. Shit, she hasn't drunk yet. I sobered up quickly and was ready to jump out of the dirt before a very angry Gabrielle stepped in the middle.

"STOP IT!" she snapped, stopping Cassie's predatory growls and my playful snickers. "Act like you have some sense of preservation and work together! Otherwise, you're both walking targets for Sevenfold when they figure it all out. Have fun with that."

"She's right," I said slowly standing up with Cassie. "We'll settle this the old fashioned way. Fight."

"To the death?" Cassie grinned.

"It'll be your death, but have at it."

<You know what you're dealing with right?>

She only taught me what I know. I knew exactly what I was dealing with.