‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Never Going Back to OK

TK's POV

As I bounded into my apartment, I threw my bag at an unsuspecting Brandon, who was concentrating on his screen.

"Contact the parents, refuse the cash. You know the drill," I plopped down on the couch.

"Another damned kid dead because that stupid drug," Jazz growled looking up at the ceiling. "I'm retiring."

Brandon shook his head. "You just started."

Jazz glared at us, "Six months is enough. I would kick all of their asses but they are already dead."

After glancing at Brandon's face, I decided to keep quiet. Every case got Jazz more angry and every outburst turned into a fighting match. Brandon was still sporting the purple bruise on his arm from her.

"So you get my reasons yet?" I changed the subject.

"Yeah," he turned to grab a few pieces of paper and threw them at me. I glared at him before going to read them.

As usual, the words on the page were huge enough to give me a headache. I crumpled the pages into a ball before throwing it at him. He tried ducking, but flipped over his seat, crashing into the ground. He looked up at me sheepishly as I snarled, "In English, Brandon, we went over this."

Jazz cracked up and turned the TV on, as Brandon climbed back into his seat.

"Sorry," he bit back a laugh. "Okay, basically the drug is evolving, makes some burn out completely or they start going into a frenzy for blood."

"Enough to bite themselves?"

"Oh yeah." he nodded. Jazz flicked the channel, muttering, "I'm finna go to jail."

I rolled my eyes. "You went to juvie."

She went to click the remote again, but then the lights went out.

"Damn it! My stories were on!"

Never get between Jazz and her soaps. It wasn't pretty. "Go look at the breaker," I got up, stretching. "I'll check outside."

Brandon frowned at his glowing laptop before shutting it down. He grabbed a gun behind the printer and threw it to me. He went to the kitchen and outfitted himself with two, leaving Jazz to reach under the couch.

Hey, you never knew.

Zacky's POV

I call the temperamental one.

Like hell, Jimmy retorted. I want her.

You both can kiss my ass, Matt cut in, she's mine.

I rolled my eyes. Just because he had the biggest head didn't mean he had to flaunt it.

I heard that.

Good.

I watched the door open and TK walked brazenly out. She had balls, I'll give her that. I moved off the roof and into the front door without even tipping her off that something might be behind her.

When I made it inside, I slammed the door, noting with great satisfaction her jump.

Nothing like a few games before you catch your prey.

Matt's POV

She had a mouth, I chuckled inwardly to myself. She was cursing a mile a minute, groping around for the breaker box. Too bad I was right in front of it.

"Stupid ass electricity while I'm trying to watch-oof!" she fell over a box, now cussing out the box. "I'm moving, I don't give a damn, I used to be fucking able to have some fucking peace, now I can't even walk without-" she stumbled again, but now she was on the right track. "I swear I'm demolishing this stupid garage the minute I get my hands on a fucking forklift."

I shook my head, grinning in anticipation over her inching closer to me.

When her hands reached my smile, I braced myself for her scream.

It never came.

Instead a grunt of anger and a piece of steel got shoved into my throat in retaliation.

Shit.

We were dealing with some experienced trackers here.