‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Funny Little Feeling

TK's POV

Oh for the love of God, I thought as the roof door opened, throwing the match down in the warehouse's cooling system. Another warehouse, another day. I was surprised that Cassie didn't even get a hint that it was me. Three weeks and five warehouses down. I'm surprised this has gone on this long. I'm happy, but my reward had better be getting laid. That's all I ask.

Emile was my partner; she turned really bitter after Cassie sired her and left her to freeze. It was fine by me, as long as she didn't turn out to be a Heather and try to stab me in the eye or something. Brian didn't trust her for beans, but I was more of a three strikes kind of girl.

I turned around and saw five vamps snarling at me, ready to lunge. I grinned and waved.

"Hey guys." As I heard the explosion below, I sheepishly shrugged. "You're kind of late."

Two vamps lunged at me, but I threw the circular disk at them before I jumped off. Laughing, I turned while in the air and hit the button on my sidekick, ready to see exploding lungs and bricks. If there ever was a sound of anything I was happy about, it was definitely the sound of things blowing up. You rarely get kicks like these, so I was going for mine as often as I can.

I could see Emile's disapproval before I hit the ground. Ariana will bitch at me before the night was over, I knew that.

"What?" I shrugged, yanking my jacket off of my bike and saddling it.

<Must you blow up everything?> she sighed, leaning back into her car. I grinned, taking my iPhone out of my pocket and turning it on.

I then started the engine, bringing my roaring motorcycle to life. <Absolutely.>

Now, I know the safety rules. I am well aware that blasting my iPhone and going a good 120 mph is against some law, but I couldn't be bothered. No random cop was going to stop me. No cop could catch me.

Scratch that forty minutes later, I was a good twenty miles on the intersection and something told me that the blue and red lights in my rear view were not too friendly. I groaned and keyed up my acceleration. I refuse to pull over during a White Stripes solo.

<HEY!> I heard right before a gunshot whizzed past my whipping head.

"Mother-" I said before cutting Emile off and speeding off. She leaned out of the car with the gun and shot at the following car, but it was no use as four cars were following us at break-neck speed.

Damned virus and the vampiric mess in this city has officially infiltrated the system. We were screwed.

<Switch!> I cried, throwing the motorcycle into a harsh brake. As the car stopped, I threw myself into the car just as Emile went on the bike and sped off. Avoiding the bullets as much as I could, I managed to make it to the driver's window and slid in, but not before a bullet hit my leg. I kept a grin to myself. Let's see Neo do that shit.

"DAMN IT!" I roared, my visage showing as the first waves of pain hit me. Growling, I hit the accelerator and clicked the shift to reverse. I crushed the idiot who shot me, and for extra measure I took out the extra shotgun and shot him right in the head.

Virus or not, bullets hurt.

I had twenty minutes before the side effects hit me like a garbage truck. I slammed the stick to drive and I sped, all too aware that there was more cars entering the scene. I was not going to like this. Public exposure was the last thing we needed, but it wasn't like I was going "The Fast and the Furious" out here. We were being tracked.

I managed to shake them using some tricky driving before the city, but Emile was going way too slow for my liking.

<There's a good twenty of them! Get the hell out!>

<God.> She trailed me, keeping her eye on the streets. <Like you could take them yourself.>

I shook my head and grabbed a gun from the compartment, throwing it to her. Emile took it, and I cocked mine, ready for the shit storm to come.

And boy, did it come.

My eyes nearly bugged out of my head when the caravan arrived. I hated Cassie, but I will give her this- she could find some friends when she wanted to. Biker guys, fierce calm woman at the helm of a steering wheel-you name them she got them. I didn't have enough bullets, but I damn sure had enough gas.

<Don't you fucking dare!> I heard as my tires began to squeal.

Shit, I thought. This was better than sex. Whipping through the middle of the street, creating a pathway, I ran across the downtown area until I hit the bridge. Perfect. I sharply turned the wheel until I faced the city lights and heard the bike race from me.

<Go tell Syn,> I ordered. Emile tried to protest, but I wouldn't listen.

I just sat there, listening to the strains of "Funny Little Feeling" before I saw the taillights. Smirking, I revved the engine before taking off.

Forgive me, Father. I will and am about to sin.

And I'll have fun doing it on the way to hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of discouraged by the lack of comments, not gonna lie.