‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Long Road to Ruin

TK's POV

Note to self: do not crash into a car and then fall off a bridge. The water is freezing. Plus, a damn car is hard to replace, especially when the interior is leather. Which, when you think about it, what was Ariana thinking?

Spitting out water as I reemerged into the air, I swam to the corner. Rocks and dirt hindered my crawling out of the water, but with a final push, I felt the warmth of land. I needed blood, and I needed it fast.

"I never did get the fascination with your family and this bridge."

I rose, my back to Cassie, and stretched out my neck side to side. "You tell me."

"Who you working for?" she asked. I turned and stared at her, before crossing my arms.

"I was out for a drive."

"Don't lie, Christian," she rolled her eyes before throwing a pack of cigarettes and a lighter to me. I brushed the hair out of my eyes, taking one and lighting it. After throwing it back, I breathed it in and exhaled, drawing the smoke down to my lungs. It didn't kill you, but it did calm a vampire's nerves. "You're horrible at it."

"No one sent me," I shook my head before taking a puff. "I'm a pyromaniac."

"Really?" she smirked, snapping her fingers. Out of nowhere, two vampires grabbed me from behind, making me drop my cigarette and start thrashing. "So excuse me if I don't believe you and want to use you as bait."

Whoa. Not good. Systems are starting to panic. "Bait!? What do you mean, bait?! You psycho bitch," I yelled, earning me a slap from one of my kidnappers. "You better explain or so help you God!"

"It's obvious you and Syn like each other," she snorted. "I mean, I smell him all over you. So if I get his little girlfriend, maybe, just maybe, I can end this. Tonight."

"What makes you think he'll come after me? He already lost two girlfriends," I rolled my eyes, viciously kicking one man in the balls while head-butting the other. As she observed me with a thin smile, I shrugged, "And then there was my cousin. You keep forgetting," my teeth bared to her slowly, "I'm not her. I lasted longer."

Cassie's grin was downright annoying now. I grasped at any explanation for her confidence, but I couldn't find any. Until, that is, she held out a vial.

Oh shit.

"Yeah, 'oh shit'," she walked over, attaching the vial to a syringe. "Did you really think I'd just kidnap you? That is so passe`. I prefer a little torture for everyone involved."

Just as she was about to inject me with the virus, I grabbed her hand and broke her arm. Howling, she dropped the glass, leaving me to catch it.

"How's that for torture, you stupid cow?" I grabbed my knife from my thigh holster and threw it, hitting her in the chest. She glared at me, as I growled, not falling over until I walked to her and threw her down.

"That should keep you occupied," I spat. "Stupid idiot."