‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

The Hero Dies This Time

By the time we caught up to Jazz and the others, we were greeted with cursing and enough yelling to wake the dead.

"Where the hell is she?" she shrieked, running her frantic hands through her hair. Brandon was holding a sheet of paper in front of him, muttering to himself, while Syn and Johnny just looked scared. Well, I couldn't blame them. Jazz can be downright temperamental when things don't go her way.

"Where's TK and Cassie?" Jimmy asked. I rolled my eyes and shuffled away from him to escape the fire that was sure to come. Jazz's eyes snapped up and before I could stop her, she had Matt to the ground with a knife to his neck.

"Whoa!" Brian exclaimed as we all tried to get her off of him. Her eyes turned purple, almost making me back off. I clutched onto her and dragged her off of Matt. Matt looked absolutely frightened.

"What the hell," I breathed, turning her to look at me. "Did they do to you?"

"Does it matter," she roared. "They're going to kill her! All because I didn't hold my end of the bargain!"

"Cassie was knocked out. This has nothing to do with us."

"Like hell it doesn't! This started the minute Cassie realized who we were, and what we were capable of doing! She knew that if TK had a chance of stopping her, then so would Talia! That's why Talia's dead, and that's why I'm still breathing! I'm supposed to kill TK and the boys," she stated. Matt's jaw dropped while Brandon's eyes widened. "I flipped on her, and now TK is as good as dead."

I nodded, then smirked. "Ah, yes. You're the little puppet that they wanted to do their dirty work, but I had mine."

I was so thankful that the guys were quiet, but as soon as I finished my sentence, snarls were coming my way. "Shut up!" I ordered. Brandon lowered his gun, while the guys calmed down. "Ariana was their shadow. It was always going to be down to Ariana, Cassie, and you. When I realized that, TK was blowing up factories full of the virus."

I glared at Jazz until it sunk in.

"They took her to bait me."

"Duh," I rolled my eyes. Brandon ran towards the car, and I started steering her towards the road before the boys hissed.

"What?" we both snapped.

"You both lied to us!" Matt yelled, pointing to Jazz. "What? You thought that we would be accepting and let you two traipse off to who knows where to confront the two most dangerous people in the city? Who the hell is Ariana, and why the fuck did your eyes turn purple?"

I tried waving him off, but as soon as we turned around Jimmy and Johnny blocked our way. Snarling, I pointed to Brian. "You're not all so innocent either, buddy."

"Again?" Zack yelled, while Matt turned around to curse. "Seriously, Bri? Again? What the hell do you do? You're locked up in the room all the time!"

Syn stuck his hands in his pockets and shrugged. Matt stopped yelling.

[]Enough. Explain before I kill all three of you.[]

"Fine. I'll go first," I sneered. "Talia broke my neck, and since I wasn't about to ask for help from the people who set me up to die in the first place, I laid low. The affected vamps nearly killed me in fucking Nevada, and that's when I bumped into TK and Brandon. You," I turned to Jazz, "got in some fight in a bar and was in the hospital for a broken arm. The other girl was just screwed, good job. I told her the terms. I also told her she had to wait until you idiots came for her."

"How did you know that we would try to find her," Johnny asked.

Brandon snorted. "You lot are so predictable."

"So, you guys kidnapped them," I rolled my eyes. "Then Cassie realized two and two. Ariana was in the States since two weeks after the fight. Dahlia was a distraction. They wanted to see how good they were, which you idiots were taught. Yeah, idiots," I said to Zacky's angry face. "They played you all like clowns."

"I," Brian cut in," had the good sense of meeting her. Made her think I was on their side. TK is Ariana's fledgling, so-"

"You're fucking her!" Jazz glared at him. I coughed, trying not to choke on the intake of air I sucked in on accident. "Whatever, but she's a vampire. So I was just the double agent for no reason?"

"Well, you could've killed them," Brandon mumbled. Matt glared at him, so Brandon started coughing. "Did I say that out loud?"

"So she's going to release the virus tonight. Everywhere. We kill her, we stand a chance. We don't, and we're fucked. I was supposed to make sure that none of you survived dawn," Jazz folded her arms. "Sorry for lying, but I do like my fucking neck. Despite my conniving-"

"Bitchy, deceitful, and yet resourceful ways, you still have the element of surprise," Matt interrupted. I rolled my eyes, stamping the ground with my shoes. Only he would forgive her with those idiotic words. "So, what do we do?"

Jazz glanced at me before shrugging. I grinned, but of course Jimmy had to end our moment.

"Traipse?"

"Fuck you! I read!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, it took me long enough. I'm trying to finish the story and deal with my assorted drama at the same time. Enough excuses from me, but I hope you enjoyed.