‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

What You Deserve

Jazz’s POV

She was an amazing fighter. I was better. She had time and experience on her side while I had blind rage and pride. We both were bitches and I was meeting my match. I slammed her head against the wall before taking the broken chair and slamming her with it. The satisfying crack of her back made me grin, but she quickly twisted to sweep kick me. I slung my right foot up to flip her on her back, but a growl knocked my concentration out.

“TK, no!”

It was too late- Brandon was already turning an ashy grey.

“Guess she chose her side,” Cassie laughed. I quickly snatched a knife from my pocket and lashed at Ariana, making her join her sister in her scoffing. Brian’s glare could have dried ice, but TK was shuddering and convulsing on the floor. I rushed over and was close enough just in time to see the mark on her neck. The fuckers drugged her. She was fighting a losing fight, all because these bitches wanted to fight dirty. Well.

I guess I had to even the odds. Do I regroup or take them both on? I had no clue where Gabrielle and the others were, but it started with two and it will end with two.

“You bitches,” Brian spat. “It’s bad enough you can’t just die, but you kill your own fledgling?” I guess it was taboo in vampire world to fuck with people like this too. It didn’t matter. I was human and I fought by my rules.

“Where’s the antidote?” I hissed. Her smug grin set me off and I punched her square in her jaw. “Answer my question.”

Cassie tried to lunge for me, but Syn caught onto her. Ariana’s eyes flickered over to Cassie, and that’s when I realized her weakness.

It wasn’t herself, and it sure as hell wasn’t her sister. It was her sister’s weakness. I could exploit that. Just like how she ripped my world apart, she can feel hers being torn from under her. I will have fun.

Gabrielle’s POV

We smashed every vial, killed every lagging lackey, and now we were trying to find our way around this stupid place. Jimmy kept whistling “Another One Bites the Dust” while Johnny was cautiously glancing around. I was making sure Matt didn’t go crazy over Jazz. Poor thing will be devastated when she doesn’t come back.

I knew Jazz like an open book- I lived with her kind before. She’s straddling that line between good and evil, looking out for herself and her loved ones, but making sure that wall was there. She blames herself for everything, and this situation isn’t helping her mindset. She will run from Matt. She’ll even leave TK behind. Warriors like herself can’t be tied down long, or they will lose their minds. Matt should know. He used to be like that.

As for TK, well, her family is just cursed. Talia was a naïve, trusting dupe who fell for Brian and she’s a smart dupe who fell for Brian. His track record isn’t that great. Every single one of his girlfriends had a vindictive streak a mile wide and Cassie is the only one who survived. Look how this panned out. You can’t mess with vampires, and you can’t accept their help. You either get turned or killed in the process. TK got turned. I didn’t want to be cynical, but I held her life expectancy at two years or less. And I was being optimistic.

Vengeance is empty to us. We can avenge a death, but in the end we’re jealous. They can move on and we can’t. Cassie and Ariana are just aggravators to the wound, throwing salt just because they can. I failed in my mission to make sure that no one else will die today.

It would be either TK or Jazz. Whoever it was, it will cripple the survivors in way unimaginable to Cassie and Ariana. I felt sorry for them, but they started it when they killed the first girl.

Vengeance may be empty, but it always catches up to you in the end.

Always.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm finishing this tonight or tomorrow morning.