‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Crossfire

Jazz's POV

"Look at what I got here," I smirked as his smirk got wiped off his face. "A rogue vamp." I pressed my 9 Mm into his throat even more. "Now, I know that you were expecting me to scream, but I prefer if you were doing the screaming." I clicked the safety off, but before I could even finger the trigger, I felt the darkness move.

"AH!"

"You seemed like a klutz," he chuckled, shoving the gun in my face. I scowled. "Now scream," he said before clicking the trigger. I grinned and used his astonishment to sweep kick him and pull my gun out of my boots.

"Never give your enemy a fucking loaded gun," I crowed, aiming at him. "Your mom never taught you that?!"

It was dark as hell in here, but even I could see his eyes turn red.

Shit.

What ensued was embarrassing. Never had any vampire gotten the upper hand on me, but this one was fucking strong. I ran towards the stairs, but was yanked down by my waist.

"Oi! Let me go!" I thrashed, but my mouth was covered by his strong hands.

"Hush..." he whispered, instilling the first sense of fear I felt in years.

Brandon's POV

How long does it take for Jazz to turn on the breaker?

I was upstairs, making sure that nothing was up here, but when I opened the door to my bedroom, the tallest giant I have ever seen was looking through my stuff.

I aimed my .45.

"You got any smokes?" he turned around, his teeth gleaming. Damn it. I shot him in his arm, running into Jazz's room for her custom shotgun as he howled. She'll kill me later, but I wasn't about to give this idiot the chance to kill me.

"Jack. ASS!" he bellowed, as I slammed the door in his face. I slid on the floor for the shotgun and groped underneath her bed for it.

Of course, she couldn't stick it in one place, she had to hid e it. Damned attractive slob.

I looked underneath the bed, but when the door flew open I frantically tried to reach for it. It was right there. Right before I could close my hands around it, I was yanked out of the bed and thrown into Jazz's dresser, breaking her mirror.

"You shot me!" the giant yelled. I looked at him as if he was stupid before rushing him. Turns out I was the dumb one because soon I was looking at the ceiling, groaning in pain. I reached into my pocket for my .45, but he knocked that out of my hands.

"Damn it," I muttered, trying to find my knife. I groaned when I remembered that I left it in my room. I stood and kicked him into the bed before taking off for my room.

"AHHH! SON OF A BITCH!" TK screamed, distracted me. I was about to turn around to go down the stairs before a hit to the e head knocked me out.

TK's POV

I was throwing everything I could get my hands on at the grinning vamp-the lamp, the clock, the coffee table. The coffee table actually daunted him for a minute, letting me run down to the basement where Jazz was taking her sweet time.

"Jazz!"

"What?!" she was panting. I ran down the stairs and nearly collided into her. "Watch where the hell you're going!"

Grunting, someone threw a box to the side before making his way to us.

"Another one!?" I shrieked, backing up.

Right as I was about to hit the stairs, I felt strong arms wrap around my waist and bring me backwards. Jazz was looking at me the whole entire time, and before I could even blink she was in the grips of a very strong looking vamp.

"How about you ladies come with us?" he grinned, looking down at Jazz's very pissed off face. We both tried struggling, but my captor grinned at me.

"Jimmy!" he screamed. Soon a giant came bounding down the stairs, clutching his arm. Jazz couldn't contain her smirk.

"It was a .45 wasn't it?" she laughed before getting yanked. She scowled, but Jimmy grinned maliciously.

"Oh yeah, but it was the barrel of a .357 that did him in," wiping any hope or smug satisfaction from our faces.

Damn it, we were in some serious shit.

Oh honey, you have no idea.

I started freaking out then and there. What the hell?!

The three vampires started laughing and dragged us to their truck where we were shoved in the trunk.

"Son of a bitch! How does a knife sound?!" she started pounding on the door. "Better yet?" she started reaching for her lighter, but I snatched it out of her hands before she could set us ablaze. "Damn it!"

They all piled into the car and the muscular one glared at us. "Shut up," he sternly ordered before kicking the backseat. I again had to stop Jazz from climbing the seat to jump him.

"Calm the fuck down," I whispered. "Before they bite you."

She sank down and folded her arms, pouting.

I could practically hear what she was thinking.

Oh I wish they would try.

I sank back beside her, sighing. If we were going to get out of this alive, it would all be on me.

Great.