‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

I Am the Unknown

Jazz's POV

"All I wanted to do was watch my soaps," I muttered to myself after we were left in the dark room. "That's it. I've been good, I haven't cursed that much lately-"

"Will you shut up,” snapped my former opponent. "You're giving me a headache."

"And you gave me a bruise on my back, my head, not to mention a couple of swipes to my side!" I snapped, crossing my arms. "Need I continue?"

He growled, snatching off his aviators. "Enough."

I rolled my eyes. As soon as we entered their mansion, me and TK have been separated, already making my pissed off mood intensified. Then I get thrown into a room with thisass. He managed to earn my respect in the basement, but quickly got on my nerves in the car and in here. I tried muttering to myself in Spanish, but his gaze kept throwing me off.

He had really nice hazel eyes.

For a jackass.

"What do you want?!" I snapped, irked at my own frustration.

"Answers."

"You couldn't e-mail?" I smirked. "Oh I get it, you're kinky. Well, I don't do that shit. Sorry."

I never said I played along with others.

He sat down in front of me and put his hands in his face. "You are going to shut up. Now."

"No, you're going to let me go," I could feel my anger rising. "Who the hell do you sick fucks think you are? I was having a peaceful-"

"You went into a house with two burned out vamps and a dead girl," he raised his head to eye me. "Are you saying you like that kind of shit?"

I groaned, rolling my eyes. I hate life right now.

"What were you doing there?" he asked slowly. I sighed.

"Work."

"Hunting wise?"

I rolled my eyes. "Like I'd tell you! Thanks for insulting me by the way!"

I had a bad history with hunters. Go figure, I'm not even a vampire.

I should've gone to college.

He growled before dragging my chair closer to him, his now pitch-black eyes in my face. I just stared back at him, not letting him know how shaken I was. "This can go one or two ways, doll. Which will it be?"

I was always a difficult child, my mother used to say. But I think I'll go the easy route.

Just to save my neck.

TK's POV

My interrogator was good-looking.

And annoying as hell.

What part of "none of your damned business" can these people get?

All he did was reassure me that it was, in fact, his business and stare at me for the past thirty minutes. Not wanting to be undone, I glared back.

I was a stubborn bitch, but damn it, he was making me angry.

"How did you even know? I mean, you had to be following us for-" I stopped, looking away from his calm face. "Oh you son of a-"

"Don't finish that," he snarled. "I was beginning to like you too."

"Why in the world were you following me?!" I cried, enraged. "Out of all the damned trackers, you follow me?! I don't even know you!"

I bet this was Jazz's fault. Her fighting was doomed to get us into trouble, but this is stepping up the ante a bit. She only kissed the guy...this time.

The vamp suddenly chuckled, snapping me out of my distant world.

"What?" I frowned, only to frown even deeper. He was reading my mind. “Will you get out of my mind!? You vampires and your lack of privacy!"

He shook his head. "Your cousin used to hate that too."

My eyes widened, but I shook it off.

He must've been playing or I was imagining it.

There was NO way that Talia had a thing to do with these idiots. Couldn't be. I was looking for-

"Her killer," he said softly. "Like we are."

I narrowed my eyes and tried scooting my chair away from him. Deranged vampires were never good.

We're not deranged. his eyes twinkled. We know who you are, we've been looking out for you.

Like hell he was. He knew I was at the house, did a little research, put two and two together. Decided it would be fun to screw with the tracker, sent his two most idiotic destructive cronies after us and here we were. Fuck this, I started yanking at the rope. I'm not going to become chowder for some over-the-top sadistic vampire.

The name's Syn. he sighed into my head, making me go off.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

"I'll explain it to you," he leaned down, so I could look into his brown eyes. They seemed...sincere.

I am officially going insane, I decided. So I shrugged, letting him continue.

"You don't have to trust me, but I am Talia's sire." I angrily started to rock in my chair so I could lunge for him, but he stopped me. "I know all about her, about you. I know you know she's dead. I know you've been trying to find her killer. What if someone could help you?"

I glared at him as he looked on helplessly, not disregarding the fact it should be the other way around. I mean, I was tied up. He wasn't.

Why did I have the feeling that this was all riding on what I would say next?

I was about to nod, but a shriek interrupted everything.

Jazz.