‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Reckless

Jazz's POV

"Will you hold still?!" he grunted, on top of me, trying to calm me down.

"RAPE! FUCKING RAPE! SOMEBODY HELP ME!" I kicked, ineffectively trying to hit him on his head. "All I did was make one damned comment!"

"You called me a stupid motherfucker!" he snapped. "Excuse me, but I don't take well to little bitches saying things about my mother!"

I stopped failing around and glared, growling lowly. "You're going to regret that."

Flying chairs, rope, and fists were all that TK's captor saw when he opened the door. I was busy punching mine with my right while getting my left painfully twisted. I smacked him off of me and straddled him, about to commence a world of hurt when I felt myself get lifted in the air.

"What the hell is going on here, Matt?!" I heard with my shouting.

Matt huh?

Okay, so I knew what to put on the headstone.

Matt growled, "It's Shadows to you."

"It's Shadows to you," I mocked childishly. He was ready to get up and jump me again, but the other guy moved me farther from him. I scowled, touching my eyebrow.

Bastard made me bleed.

No one made me bleed. Matt kept eyeing me, but I looked him up and down and gestured for him to come and get it.

I was making a situation worse, but oh well.

"Get a grip on yourself," the other vamp snapped at Shadows. Shadows kept glaring at me, making me smirk and taunt him more.

It took about a minute to get him angry enough to show his fangs, startling his boss enough to let go of me. I grinned triumphantly as I ran towards the door, noting the distance between us. Acting like I was grabbing for the door, I swung it open, but I sidestepped to the side before slamming it into his head.

Ouch.

"That's got to damage the ego," I cackled, noting with pleasure his angry face. The man with the fedora rolled his eyes.

"Jazz, stop it."

I glared at him, folding my arms. "Why the hell do you know my name?"

"Watch your mouth,” Shadows snarled. I suppressed the urge to kick him in his head.

"We're..."the vamp fiddled with his hat. "friends."

I looked at Shadows, who was regarding me with loathing. "Yeah, great reception. Friend."

The door swung open again, and I instinctively tensed up, thinking it was the other asshole.

Well, let's just say I've never been so happy to see TK in my life.

Her green eyes were glaring, her menacing scowl present.

They were in for some waves coming their way.

"You call a truce and then I hear her screaming?" she snapped . I narrowed my eyes at Shadows. If he was supposed to demonstrate peaceful strategies, I'd seriously hate to see him hospitable. "what are you playing at?"

"Shadows," the vamp glared at the two of us. I felt myself cringing despite myself. "Decided to provoke your friend."

"It was the other way around," he muttered, making me wink at him. He stood up, frowning at me. It's not my fault he's provoking.

Last time I checked, I was kidnapped.

Me.

As in, I could act as hysterical and violent as I wanted with no judgment. Even though I acted like that on any given day.

TK caught my wink and sighed. "You're going to be the death of me."

Hey, one word here threw me off. "Truce? As in we're both working together? What the deuce? I'm going to be the death of you, but yet I'm not the one making treaties all over the damned place."

"We're supposed to help you," Shadows dryly said. I scoffed.

"Help me get target practice?"

"Enough," TK and the other guy growled. "Syn, why don't you explain," TK shrugged, leaning against the wall beside me. I rolled my eyes.

"We were friends of Talia's," he began slowly, making my interest pique. "We're trying to find her killer too."

"Cassie," I snarled.

"So you knew her killer?"

I glowered at him. "She killed my brother. Like a used piece of tissue. So excuse me if I disregard the word 'knew' for loathe, find, wound. Fill in the blank really, I'm fine with it."

"You talk too much," TK muttered.

"We are not dealing with vampires!" I exploded. "Quit being diplomatic here acting like you're considering it!"

I don't care how long she was looking for that bitch-you never consort with the enemy. It blurs the lines, makes you sympathetic, and makes you weak. As she opened her mouth, I couldn't help but try and glare her into submission.

"We are considering it," she eyed me before looking at them. "We're going to take it."

What the fuck.

She officially lost her mind.