‹ Prequel: Blood Will Have Blood

Blood Will Have Vengeance

Snow White Queen

I glanced at the watch before turning around at the door.

Five.

Four.

Footsteps.

Two.

Swinging door.

I folded my arms at my pissed off sister. Her brown eyes were fiery, flashing while her red lips were twisted into a snarl.

She wasn't going to do anything. She was wearing low rise tight jeans and boots for crying out loud.

"What are you so mad about?"

I knew. I just didn't care. After all, I was the one who orchestrated this mess. She walked up to me and threw a file behind me. The workers around us kept busily filling beakers and clicking keyboards. But they were watching, despite the work in front of them.

"They are going to attack our base tonight and you don't want to do a damned thing about it?," she hissed, getting into my face. I rolled my eyes and turned back around, fixing my attention on Emile. She was going to be left tonight.

For dead or alive was her choice.

"Obviously not," I drawled lazily. "I mean, here I am. Doing absolutely nothing."

I could feel her glare in the back of my head. "I am in charge. Remember that, Ariana" she spat, resulting in my laughter. Emile looked up at me in fear before busing herself with the computer screen. I turned around to make sure she saw my smirk.

"Dear, sweet, darling Cassie," I moved around her, aware that I had the full attention of the lab. "You. Screwed. Up. So forgive me if I assert the right that I’m in charge, as you couldn’t kill a certain child until three of your gang was dead. One by Covington's own hands. So if I want to plan an ambush tonight, forgive me if I don't consult you first. The rest of you," I turned around," can get back to work unless you want me to get ugly."

The humans started working even more feverishly. Cassie was still not to be silenced though.

"It's my drug." she retorted. "You can't possibly take over if it wasn't for that. So remember your place before-"

"Which I'll remove," I said patiently, trying not to play into her tantrum. "Now, if you want to shut up and see what I have planned instead of you harping on, showing your mental defect, maybe I can get some work done."

"What mental defect?"

"Stupidity." I turned to Emile. "You done with that, sweetie?"

I found her at some high school in Virginia. She was a smart one, much like Carolyn, but with a better attitude. Thank God. She was easy to please-her parents pretty much abused her until I saved her.

That was the difference between me and Cassie. I was a righteous bitch when it came down to business, but otherwise I was as courteous as can be. She, on the other hand, loved torture and violence. Perfect fit for business. If we weren't sisters.

She nodded timidly and handed me the vial. I smirked before placing the tube into my pocket.

<Tell them all to leave.> I told Cassie on my way out. <Except for Emile.>

I had a little surprise for her trackers tonight. If they just happened to have the Sevenfold with them...well.

I killed nine nuisances with one stone. This would be sad, because I had plans for them.

Cassie fucked up. But I definitely won't.