Status: Active ❤

One Body, Two Souls

Wake Up Call

Zacky's POV

"3, 2, 1!" they all countdown, and I am left with the monumental pressure of pressing the 'call' button.

We have just finished calling the five who couldn't make our band. We took turns calling, thanking them for their effort and passion, blah blah blah, it was a tough final decision, blah blah blah, but, unfortunately, they didn't make it, blah blah blah, and thanks again. But since the rest of the boys all agreed that I was the most 'passionate' about letting Ashley into the Avenged Sevenfold team, I am left with the job of ringing her on top of my other turn.

So the order went: Matt, Johnny, Brian, Jason - whose 'punishment' for losing yesterday's argument was to phone Marco and tell him that he was out - and lastly me.

And now, me again, listening to the longest beeps ever as the phone dials our victor's number.

"Ashley Greene," she finally picks up. She sounds half-asleep and I can hear her yawning which is the cutest thing I've ever heard, but I don't blame her. We gathered at 8 in the morning to call everyone. Anyway, her voice still sounds beautiful, despite the drowsiness.

I take in a deep breath and realise that I don't know what to say. What the hell, Zacky, make something up. So I do. Not very original.

"Ms Greene," for some reason, I fake a serious and weird voice and try to mimic the police, "this is Zacky Vengeance from Avenged Sevenfold. I would like to inform you about the audition results. It was a hard decision, we had an endless argument about who deserved the position, and I'm afraid that you didn't really impress Jason in the audition..." 

I take in a deep breath again, and just when I want to continue with the planned welcome, she cuts me off:

"So I didn't get the job?" she gasps. 

"Hey, that's not polite, Ms Greene. I haven't finished."

"Call me Ashley. I'm even younger than you, sir."

"Oh, well then call me Zacky. I'm not your father and or teacher either," with that, she laughs a little, and I mentally congratulate myself for this achievement. The other guys behind me are nudging my arms because they just can't keep the cheer to themselves for any longer and so on. Fuck, can't they just wait for a little while? 

"I repeat, so I didn't get the job?" oh right. 

"I have not finished talking yet, Ashley... And did I say you didn't get the job?" the guys behind me grow more and more impatient. I'm good at this, haha. 

She doesn't say anything, which signals the right timing for me to actually reveal the truth. 

"Welcome to Avenged Sevenfold!" I raise my voice in this short welcome sentence.

The rest of the boys start cheering and clapping. Surprisingly, Jason is grinning as well. I turn on the loudspeaker on my phone for the others to hear what Ashley has to say.

Phew, my job is done. I want to talk to her privately, but since the others have been waiting for their chance to talk to her, I let them have my phone. 

I watch silently while I let them talk. Also, I just can't get that huge smile off my face. What the hell am I smiling for anyways? The 3 men talk to her (Jason is somewhere, but not talking) one at a time, and I can assure you, they are confusing Ashley. 

I walk up to them and take back my phone, which results in a disappointed "aawwhhh" from the guys. I poke out my tongue at them, and turn the loudspeaker off. Brian motions a 'fuck you' gesture to me. Ha! Fucking prick, he's just jealous. 

"C'mon Zacky! That's no fun!" Johnny pouts.

"You guys are so noisy, and you've confused her! Now just let me talk to her, you better all go," with that, they stay silent and wait for me to talk to her. Uh oh, I'm screwed.

"Hello?" said someone on the other end of the phone. Oh crap, she's still there! I put the phone to my ear, and manage to stay calm. You can do this, man.

"Hey, sorry for that, Ashley. They're so childish sometimes." I reply, and I can hear her laughing a little, again. Oh my god, that sound is heavenly. 

"That's fine, Zacky. Oh, thank you for trusting and crowning me as the next A7X drummer... I was thinking I won't make it, but I did and I'm so grateful for that. Thank you," she says. I smile and my cheeks are starting to heat up. What the fuck? The guys behind me notice this, and Brian yells from behind:

"I SEE SOMEONE BLUSHING! HE'S IN LOVE!" and he whistles, bastard. 

"Hahaha, what?" Ashley laughs and asks me. Fuck you, Brian.

"Don't ever listen to that prick, he's just jealous." 

"Nope, I won't, sir," she takes a deep breath after laughing. And we have a comfortable silence for a couple of minutes. 

"So, how does it feel to be awakened by a phone call that is saying something that will change your life?" I finally ask, breaking the silence. 

"Oh, you will never know how it feels! It was like the whole world stopped spinning, and so did the time!" she says with a kind of excited tone, which makes me laugh a little. 

"I have felt that way, trust me. And it was a bliss," I tell her, sharing my story. 

"Really?! COOL!" she yells the word "cool", and I wanna say something back but she cuts me off:

"Oh! Anyway, Zacky... Thank you so much for LYING earlier," what?

"Ashley, about that... It was just a joke... C'mon, don't be mad at me," I pout as guilt washes over my body, well, it was fun pranking her that way! 

I'm about to say sorry, but she giggles and says, 

"I'm not mad at you, it's just... You scared me. That's all."

I smile and feel relieved, because I thought she was going to hate me. Damn, I can do this to her everytime then, so I can talk to her and hear her laugh. And yeah, Welcome to the Family dear Ashley. 

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

Ashley's P.O.V

You won't believe this, but I'M AVENGED SEVENFOLD'S NEW DRUMMER! I received a phone call at 8 in the morning which annoyed me a lot, and that call was the call from Avenged Sevenfold. Or to be clearer, Zacky Vengeance was the one who call me. Damn, I'm still on the phone with him now. Laughing and smiling like crazy because he's just so kind to me. And I'm actually talking to him, on the phone, and pretending to be mad at him about his so called pranks that he told me earlier. He told me that I wasn't the one for Avenged Sevenfold, and that pissed me off. But naahh, it was just Zacky's way to tell how excited he was to have me as A7X's new drummer.  

"Thank fucking god you're not mad at me. Because if you are, I'll do anything to make you less mad at me," he sighs, I smile weakly as I try not to laugh at the strangeness of his declaration.  

"I told you, I'm not mad at you!" 

"But maybe I can do something for our new drummer as a gift?"

"No need, Zacky. Receiving a call from you this morning was the most perfect gift ever." I truthfully tell him that, and again, I can hear Brian in the background cheering and mocking Zacky. What's up with Zacky? I want to see him right now. Oops. 

"So, when will I start my job?" I ask.

"Huh? Oh! We'll talk about that later, we have 4 concerts left this summer and I think you can start there." Zacky replies, yessss this is gonna be great. 

Before I can say anything, I can hear Zacky's phone being taken by someone with Zacky's yelling in the background. 

"Um, Ashley? This is Matt, Zacky has to go now for preparing your welcome part- OOPS! My bad! Can you come to my house this evening?" oh, so that's Matt who has taken Zacky's phone. 

"Your house? That's a great idea! What's the occasion, may I ask?" 

"Uh, it's about discussing our next shows? And do you know where my house is?" Matt replies with Zacky saying, "give me my fucking phone back!" as the background. Poor Zacky. 

"I don't have any idea about it Matt, can you text me your address then?" 

"Sorry, it's Zacky again. Silly asshole took my phone. I'm gonna pick you up at 6," Zacky tells me, now that he has his phone back. 

"What? Nooo. It will be too much of a bother! I can go by myself, Zack," I refuse his offer, but deep down in my heart I want to accept it. 

"It won't bother me at all, dear. Trust me. Consider this as my second present for you. So, at 6? Dress up sweetly. Might pick you up earlier."

"Ugh, okay then, if you said so. Thanks a lot, Zacky." 

"No problem at all. Sorry, I gotta go now. I have to prepare... Things. See you," he hangs up, and I throw my head back onto my bed since I'm not really awake yet. But this is gonna be awesome. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my lateness! I had a summer camp last week, had to postpone this. Big apology! So, comment maybe? XD again, credits goes to SquirrelG!

Anyway, thanks a lot to Jimmy.Sullivan for commenting and keep reading ❤