Status: on hold. i have chapters written but not enough feedback so i'm thinking it through.

Only lonely & ***ed up

Party

Needless to say, Anna had to agree with going out to the party the following day. She did it all to avoid any questions about the green eyed guy from Katie, she would do anything to change the subject when it came to boys or relationships.

But in any way was she eager to go out that night. It would be another night where she would put her feet inside the random house and wish instantly to get back to the comfort of her bed. This party would be crowded with sweaty, drunk and annoying people dancing to lame music that gave her a headache.

She already knew she was going to hate every single second she spent there.

As if on cue, Katie sent her a message.

Katie
Can’t wait to see you tonight! You better put on a cute dress and the highest heels you own cause we are meeting hotties tonight!!


Anna grimaced. No way in hell she would play dress up. And then her phone chimed again.

Katie
And I mean way better looking guys than that green eyed cutie you were staring at yesterday, you creep. xoxo


Despite her friend’s good intentions, Anna saw right through it. She knew Katie would down on a few drinks and be all over the place being her bubbly self and chatting up with everyone, dance around and probably meeting some guy she would end up kissing or taking home at the end of the night. Anna didn’t mind this at all, she thought it was only natural, just not her thing. She would end up bored out of her mind leaning on a wall observing people or sitting on the grass of someone else’s yard wishing she wasn’t there.

~~~~~~~~

Anna took her time getting ready for the night. Her nails were now sporting a deep magenta color, way too girly for her taste but so glossy and shiny she was mesmerized every time she caught a sight of them.

She drove alone, with the windows down, while her surroundings were filled with the lovely sound of Matt Berninger’s voice – she was obsessed with The National’s latest album, High Violet. It was easy to locate the house, there were lots of cars parked outside it and anyone could hear the loud music coming out. She inhaled deeply, counting to 10, and slowly made her way to the front door.

Making her way through the crowded space was not an easy task and she was relieved when she spotted Katie talking with a group of people on a corner. She walked right to them and Katie cheered, “You’re here! For a second I thought you were going to fail an illness and stay at home.”
“I said I’d come, so I’m here,” Anna said, before looking around the group of people, noticing their friend Claire among them, moving there to hug the girl.

“Can you guys believe this is our last time off before we finish college together?,” Claire said hugging both Anna and Katie.

“Let’s not think about it right now. Tonight is all about having fun and meeting hotties!! Speaking of which, Anna you should be wearing something skin tight, like I told you to… You need to start listening to me, girl.” Katie said chuckling.

“Hey, I look ok… And most important: I’m comfortable,” Anna said adjusting her long bangs to stay put in one side while looking down at her plaid shirt, light colored pants and sandals, “Plus, I’m here for you guys, not for meeting hotties!” She then proceeded to catch up with Claire.

Anna wasn’t exactly having a bad time at this party. She was sipping her soda and looking around, just observing people or exchanging a few words with the people around her before Katie yelled.

“Picture time!” They gathered together and had smiles on their faces.

At least three flashes going off but they didn’t care. Like Claire said, it was the last time they could be careless before they’d have to face the real world, they were going to enjoy the night.

And that they did for long hours, Claire and Katie both a little tipsy, Anna just laughing it off since she decided not to drink and drive. She heard Katie say, “Hey, Anna, isn’t that they green eyes cutie from the mall over there?”

With that, Anna’s eyes searched where Katie was pointing to and couldn’t help but to be mesmerized by the mystery boy’s bright green eyes and gorgeous smile all over again.

He was wearing a plaid shirt with those ridiculous tight jeans. She laughed to herself, “Jesus is probably making fun of me right at this moment, I swear,”

Both her friends laughed at this. Anna just stood there dumbfounded by the guy’s actions. He was surrounded by a bunch of guys and they seemed to be having so much fun together by the sounds of their laughter and the looks of their huge smiles plastered on their faces. From afar, she could only admire the green eyed guy and she couldn’t deny how much she was drawn to his gloriousness.

But the clock was ticking and Anna was getting tired. Katie whispered, “Stop staring, you should go up there and introduce yourself, girl.”

Anna shook her head, “I’m not up to meeting anyone right now, you know that. And I’m really tired, I’ll head home right now. Does any of you need a ride home?.”

Both of them declined, Claire said, “But we’ll take you to the door, that’s the least we could do. And promise me we’ll do this again sometime soon.” Anna nodded her head, but on the way out, before saying goodbye and hugging her friends, she glanced again to where he still was, his straight white teeth showing off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Thanks for subscribing.

It would be great to get comments, I feel like I have this ok idea in my head but I'm not successfully putting it into words... So I might just post the chapters I've written and drop this history out.