Status: indefinite hiatus

We Owned the Night

Chapter 7

We spent a couple hours just talking all three of us. Evidently it wasn't busy that day, since it was the middle of the week and everyone was either at work or school. At one point, he reached his arm around me to show off his tattoo and I just remember thinking how strong he looked. Not only did I have a thing for blondies, but I also sort of had a thing for hands. I liked strong, manly looking hands and his were definitely nice.

"Oh, I'll be right back," he said as he noticed there were some people at his ride.

As he walked away, I turned to Bianca, "Let's go ride the roller coaster again!"

"Ok," she agreed, smiling. The two of us were having a blast; both having a crush on him, but since Bianca had Justin, Nathan was all mine.

He had just finished closing the gate when we walked up to him, and he stood there with his flirty smirk, saying, "I'll let you on the ride only if Sam gives me her number,"

I did a little dance on the inside, because this was what I had wanted, "Ok," was all I could manage to say with a huge grin on my face.

**********

After I gave him my number, Bianca and I decided to ditch the amusement park and go to the mall. We didn't want to look like we went there just for him, afterall. Her mom worked at an engraving store in the mall, so we went and visited her. We also sort of needed a tampon or two.

"Hey girls," Bianca's mom, Nathalie, greeted us as we walked into her work. It was completely dead in there; no one but the three of us.

"Hey, do you have a tampon?" Bianca asked.

"Yeah, in my bag," she replied, grabbing her purse from behind the desk and passing it to Bianca, "How's the boy search going?"

I laughed, "I got a boy's number!"

"Seriously?" she seemed genuinely surprised that I managed to get a guy's number in the short period of time that we were there.

"Yeah, but I already knew the guy..."

"Oh, ok," she said, looking more like she understood.

"Well, thanks for the tampons!" Bianca said and started walking toward the exit, "Seeya!"

As we walked to the bathroom, Nathan texted me.

"He's texting me... I wanna hang out with him tonight," I looked at Bianca, "Should I ask him?"

"Yeah, do it," she said encouragingly.

'What are you doing tonight?' I wrote. Taking a deep breath, I hit the send button. I could already feel my crush coming on. It was pretty easy for me to fall for someone; I spent most of my childhood being in love with someone. When I was 13, I loved this guy named Pat who was nicknamed Log. I was in love with him until I was 16, when one day I was just over him. We never even went out together. It was also very hard for me to get over people.

Feeling my phone vibrate, I checked my text, 'jammin later, you?' he wrote back.

"Oh my God, he's a musician. That's too cute," I beamed and started typing, 'nothing, wanna chill?' "I asked him if he wanted to chill,"

"Good," Bianca said grinning back at me. She was just as excited as I was about this.

'Yeah, where are you? I'm off' He replied

"We're gonna go meet him somewheres," I told Bianca, heading towards one of the entrances to the mall where I told him to meet us.