Status: Hope you enjoy! This is my first story so.. yeah.. keep up with me. :)

Shoot a Star on a Boulevard

Everything Seems To Be Estranged When You're Alone

I sit here by my window as early morning rain falls from the grey, gloomy sky. Trees dancing to the wail of the wind. I felt myself shiver as the cold October air entered my flesh, touching my bones. I watch as raindrops trace the glass, amused by how it fell so graciously. I turned around to check the time and my digital clock hanging on my wall says it's 7. Okay, I know, I'm late again. Ugh.

I'm Jade, 19, and I'm late for work. I'm an artist, well I work for an Advertising Company, VISUAL. But before you say your 'wows' let me tell you that I just edit the works. I don't get to work on my own design. Well I do actually, and they're all stuck inside my sketchbook. Quite a job I got, eh?

I ran to the bathroom and took a fast cold shower (no choice, can't afford technology), brushed my teeth and dressed myself in a grey self-made Panic At The Disco shirt, skin-tight jeans, Creepers, and a black hoodie. By the time I'm done with myself it was 7:30 so I grabbed my bag and eyeliner, my only necessities and then left home. I started my bike running and headed for the highway, going as fast as i can. I reached work at 8:18 and yes, I am indeed very late since work starts at 8. Fuck me.

I entered the building and said hi to the guard. I punched myself in and hurriedly went to my cubicle only to be noticed by my boss, Violet. "Jade," she said in a flat and cold voice. I turned around to face her glaring eyes, plus the fact that she's wearing violet eye shadow and blood red lipstick. "Good morning Violet," I greeted reluctantly. "Hmm... I see you're late...AGAIN. If you keep up with this kind of attitude I'm gonna have no choice but to fire you. Remember you're not the only one who needs the job. And I can find someone, way better thank you, to replace you in an instant, that I tell you. "Sorry. It's just that the weather was so bad." Lame excuse, stupid. "Oh yeah? Well, how come I managed to come here early? Now, stop wasting time and do what you're supposed to do." I managed to mutter a "Yes, Violet" before hiding in my cubicle. If it wasn't for the job I wouldn't be sucking up her attitude. I got my laptop out and started working. Hours passed and the heavens is still not done weeping. It was almost lunch time when I heard noises and excited whispers. "Trying to work here..." I whispered to myself. When I noticed that it was getting louder and louder I checked for myself what was going on. I can see flashing of lights here and there, my co-workers squeezing around each other. It's not even lunch yet, I thought. I noticed a tall man, his hair so jet black with blue streaks on them, his leather jacket full of studs, his tight jeans hugging every inch of muscle on his legs, and his boots that completed the look. His back was on me but I have this certain feeling that he is someone special. That's when it hit me. Glam. Glam. GLAM?! Oh my god! It's Adam Lambert! I literally fought with the crowd surrounding him. Trying to get close as possible, but to no avail. "Okay guys, as much as I'd love to hang around I'm here for some business. So if you may excuse me, I have to see Violet," his voice so sexy it made me melt. Violet appeared on the scene and the crowd scattered back to their territories and that includes me. "People, when I said work, I meant it," that's all she said to us. She faced Adam with that 'It's Business Time" smile and led him to her office. All of us didn't go to lunch just to wait for him to leave that room. We waited, waited, waited. After 30 minutes or so, the door opened and out goes Violet and then Adam. I wanted so badly to run to him and hug him and tell him how much I adore him but then I'd lose my job. I watched as he took each step out of the building into his car and left. There goes my chance to talk to him. Thank you Violet.

Boss went back inside and called us all over. She said she has a big news for all of us.
"Okay people, shut it and listen. As you saw awhile ago, Mr. Lambert was here for some business and not some fan convention. He asked me if we could do the Album Art for his next album. And of course, who are we to refuse, right? He wants something new, cute, and Glam. something unique and something that shows the HIM. You got it?" Others nodded and some answered with a Yes. "So Design team I'm expecting to see proposals by tomorrow. If you have any questions come ask me or Mr. Lambert. I'm giving you access to his number but it has to be private. I hope we have an understanding here. Okay? That's all." Then she went back to her den and left us there. I went to the Design team and begged so hard for them to take me in their group. But of course they won't 'cause I'm no designer.

So this is me and my lame life. No boyfriend, no social life, no nothing. I suck.
♠ ♠ ♠
There goes my first story's first chapter. Hope you like it. Tomorrow for the next one. ;)