‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active

Anchor

Shell Cottage

“Just two more steps,” George whispered from behind. His hands were gently shielding Adara's eager eyes from the scene in from on them.

“I smell the ocean,” Adara chimed in as she took her final step. She placed her hands over George's on her face. “George, where are we?”

“Shell Cottage,” George announced as he removed his hands from his wife's face and moved them to around her waist. “Bill and Fluer want us to watch the house for them.”

Adara gasped and turned toward George, “Really? We're staying here?”

George smirked and nodded. “Yes.”

“George! This is amazing!” Adara smiled brightly and kissed him on the cheek. “Let's go put our things inside.”

“No.” George replied, a boyish grin tickled his cheeks and he eyed his wife. “I have something else in mind.”

“What?” Adara asked curiously.

In one swift movement Adara was lifted off the ground and into George's arms. As he strode past the cottage, Adara narrowed her eyes and wondered what her husband was up to.

George's feet sunk into the hot sand as he continued his stride toward the ocean.

Adara looked around and then it hit her.

“George, I know what you're thinking!” Adara's voice squeaked. “Don't you dare toss me in.”

“It's too late for that, princess,” George smirked as he reached the shoreline.

“No, no, no, no,” Adara shrieked as was tossed in the air. A rush of cold water met her skin as she went under.

As Adara stood back up, a wave came crashing behind her and knocked her back under.

George roared with laughter as she watched Adara stand back up a second time. Her long hair stuck to her face and the gray dress she was wearing clung to her body.

“George Weasley!” Adara laughed as she pushed her hair out of her face and splashed him.

“Whoa, careful, love. I don't want to get my shirt wet.” George's accent came out thick.

“Oh, we wouldn't want that.” Adara rolled her eyes, pulling on her wet clothes.

George shook his head and took off his shirt, tossing it on the beach behind him. Then he joined his wife in the water.

“Merlin's beard, the water is freezing.” George chuckled, as he came closer to Adara.

“Yeah, it is.” Adara stuck her tongue out at George.

“Sorry, love.”

“Apology not accepted!” Adara sang as he jumped onto George's back, attempting to tackle him under the water.

“Hello?” They heard a voice call out from the house. “Adara? George?”

The couple looked up toward the cottage and saw two frames striding towards them.

“Is that who I think it is?” George questioned.

“Rachelle and Draco!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please read my other story, Contort.