‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active

Anchor

You're going to be a father.

It was evening when Narcissa and Adara left St. Mungo's. At her aunt's bidding, Narcissa took her home. Neither would cease to smile. As the two entered into the foyer, Narcissa whisked herself away into the study to owl George for Adara.

Adara was pacing the foyer, her head was spinning and she was suddenly hit with an overwhelming craving for a Chocolate Frog. None of these things stopped her movement. Her hands were trembling and she decided some fresh air would do her good. She walked out into the backyard and roamed the garden. Tears of joy slipped down her cheeks as she drew in a breathe of the fresh breath. Adara slowly trailed along the stone path consumed with the fact that her life had just changed forever. Smiling to herself she decided to go back inside, knowing George would be home from work soon.

“Narcissa, thank you for everything,” Adara tightly embraced her aunt when she walked into the kitchen.

“Anything for you, my sweet,” Narcissa tightly hugged back, “I'm so happy for you. Let me know if you ever need anything.”

“I will,” Adara beamed from ear to ear. Her cheeks hurt from smiling. “Can I ask you something?”

“Anything,” Narcissa perched her ruby red lips, studying her niece's face.

“Would you mind if I told George alone?” Adara slipped off her shoes and began to warm some water for a cup of tea.

Certainly, I understand.” Narcissa chirped, “Just don't forget about Draco and Lucius.”

“Not at all,” Adara expressed, her head turned to a sound in the living room. “Now shoo!”

Narcissa suppressed a giggle and quickly kissed her niece on the cheek before apparating home.

Adara walked into the living room and saw George dusting off his blazer as he stepped out of the fireplace. He caught her staring as he shook the remaining floo powder from his red hair and sent her a bright smile.

“Hey,” George greeted as Adara walked closer, then pulled her into a warm hug. “How are you feeling?”

“Loads better,” Adara spoke against his chest and hugged him tighter. “Narcissa took me to St. Mungo's to see a healer.”

George's eyes perked up and looked down at Adara while rubbing her back.

“What did they say?”

A radiant smile crept onto Adara's lips and she caressed her husband's face.

“George,” she whispered, her eyes scanned over his hazel eyes and fiery red hair.

“What did they say, Adara?” George repeated, beginning to grow concerned.

“We're going to have a baby,” Adara's voice chimed as she jumped up and down with joy. “George, I'm pregnant!” She giggled with joy and gasped her stomach.

George didn't move. He only stared at Adara. The world around him slowed and his heart was pounding against his chest.

“Are you sure?” He spoke quietly, his eyes narrowed, momentarily in disbelief.

“Positive,” Adara breathed as she watched George take a step toward her.

What happened next brought Adara to tears. Her husband dropped to his knees in front of her and pressed his head against her stomach in a hug. Adara stroked George's hair and he continued to hug her tightly, beginning to place tender kisses on her stomach. Slowly, George stood to his feet and lifted Adara chin. Immense joy radiated against his glazed over eyes as he leaned down slowly kisses his bride on the lips. Adara kissed back, feeling George draw her closer and she clenched his shirt. George slowly pulled away and rested his head on her shoulder and Adara wrapped her arms around his waist. She felt his hand rest against her stomach, giving her the chills and making her toes curl.

“I'm only a few weeks pregnant, but they say that our baby is healthy,” Adara expressed, tucking a strand of her black hair behind her right ear. George's hand intertwined with hers and he brought them up to his lips, kissing her fingers gently.

“Our baby,” George repeated, staring into his wife's eyes, then he began to laugh. “We're having a baby.”

“Yeah, George,” Adara giggled, watching the shock leave his face and be replaced by pure elation. “You're going to be a father.”

The smile on his face shown bright and he ruffled his hair with his hands. George took a deep breath.

“A very handsome father,” Adara excitably kissed George's cheek and he picked her up, twirling her around the room.

“Let's go tell, my mum and dad,” George stated as he set Adara down.

“Sure thing, sweetheart,” Adara let out a yawn, “but let's take a nap first.” She grasped her husband's hand and pulled him towards the staircase.

“Sounds lovely,” George replied as he followed Adara up the stairs and into their bedroom.

Adara changed into a more comfortable pair of clothes and so did George. The two both snuggled beneath the covers and George laid on his side, watching his bride. He reached out his hand and began trailed his fingers across Adara's stomach, wondering what will be like to be a father. George noticed that Adara's eyes had closed and her breathing went heavy. He leaned over and lifted the thin cotton shirt that covered his wife's stomach and planted a kiss onto her warm skin. Then, laid his head next to her and slowly drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, friends!

It'll be a day or two before I update again. I have some long hours at work this week. I hope you all are doing well!