‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active

Anchor

The Burrow

“Help me set the table, Arthur,” Molly ordered as she straightened the place mats she'd set on the dining room table.

All morning Molly Weasley had been up in a frenzy about her son and his wife, Adara coming over for lunch. She'd cleaned the house from top to bottom in a matter of an hour and was now tending the the finishing touches.

“Of course,” Arthur replied with a flick of his wand. Several white china dishes swirled the air and gently landed in their proper places on the wooden table. With a pleased smile the wizard placed his wand back in his pocket and clasped his hands together. “Did George tell you what the big news is?”

“I don't know what the news is Arthur,” Molly fussed as she dashed about her kitchen, tidying up with haste. “George didn't give me any details.”

“Alright, alright,” her husband held up a hand in surrender and took a seat at the table.

“Where is that bloody tea kettle?” Molly huffed in exasperation as she was bent over and searching the cabinets below the stove.

Arthur cleared his throat, “Molly.”

“I just had it!” Molly exclaimed as she stood up and placing her hands on her hips. Her pale blue eyes searched around the room.

“Molly,” the man spoke again, smiling wide.

“What?” Molly answered, her frizzy red hair matched the disheveled look on her face.

Arthur pointed at the stove behind her and Molly turned seeing the chrome tea kettle she'd been frantically searching for. It whistled in response, signaling the water was heated.

“Oh, I forgot I'd already started the tea,” Molly chuckled, her expression softened as she removed the light pink apron from around her frame.

“Mum!” A deep voice called from a room over. “Dad!”

Molly's neck turned toward the sound of the familiar voice and Arthur rose to his feet.

“We are in the kitchen, son,” Arthur called out, listening to the sound of footsteps grow closer.

He smiled brightly as he watched his son, George step into the room. It had been a month or two since he had visited last.

“Hello, dad,” George embraced his father tightly.

“You look well,” Arthur expressed as he examined his son's face, receiving a warm smile in return.

Molly quickly scurried over and wrapped her arms around George tightly, continuing to say how good it was to see him and how much he'd been missed. The rest of her children had either married or moved out, leaving herself and Arthur with a quiet home.

“And where is that beautiful daughter of mine?” Arthur kindly asked as George and Molly parted.

“She's around here somewhere,” George chuckled as he turned around to find Adara stepping into the room.

“There she is!” Arthur Weasley exclaimed and scooped Adara into a tight embrace.

“How are you, Arthur?” Adara asked as gave the man a kiss on the cheek.

“Very well and eager to hear what the big news is!” he replied with a high spirit.

“We are very excited to tell you,” Adara linked her arm with George's and the two walked further into the kitchen.

“However, you've just about sent Molly over the brink,” Arthur chuckled as his wife playfully swatted his arm in response.

“I'm sorry, Molly. We know how you don't like short notice,” Adara spoke apologetically as she sat down in the chair George had pulled out for her. She bit the bottom of her lip and watched Molly wipe off the counters.

“No, dear. It's alright,” Molly assured as she looked over at her and chuckled. “I'll go get the tea.”

Molly Weasley placed four cups of steaming tea onto the dining table and pulled out a chair to sit next to Arthur. A peaceful stillness filled the room, the only sound to be heard was the grandfather clock down the hall. Adara leaned over and grabbed up a cup of tea, offering one to her husband as well. Molly and Arthur studied the couple in front of them waiting for one to speak.

“Well,” Adara broke the silence, placing a hand on her husband's leg next to her. “I had only found out today.”

“Are we late?!” A voice asked. George turned around and saw the face of his brother, Bill.

“Bill!” George beamed, standing from his seat and pulling his older brother into a hug.

“Ron and Ginny are outside, they'll be in in a minute.” Bill spoke as slipped off his overcoat and grabbed a seat.

“You invited the family?” Adara asked while sending a questioning glance to Molly.

“I had a hunch the news was important,” Molly replied taking a sip of her tea and the grasping her husband's hand. “Wouldn't want the kids to miss it.”

“Fluer sends her love, she's been visiting her sister this week,” Bill expressed as he looked around the room, stretching his arms behind his head.

Adara nodded her head at her brother in law and turned her attention to her left. George had taken his younger brother in a head lock. She gave Ginny a light kiss on the cheek as she sank into the open seat next to her.

“Boys!” Molly called out, narrowing her eyes at George. “Somethings never change.”

“Couldn't help myself,” George announced with a laugh as he straightened his shirt and returned to his seat.

Ron took a seat on the other side of Bill, still red in the face but offered a smile to his family.

“So, what's the big news?” Ron asked as he sat back in his chair, getting comfortable.

Adara and George looked over at one another and Adara nodded.

“I'll give you the honors, sweetheart,” she ushered while crossing her legs and feeling George's hand find her own.

“Adara's pregnant,” George announced with a toothy grin on his lips. He met his wife's eyes once more and leaned over for a quick kiss.

“I knew it!” Molly's eyes immediately turned glassy and she shouted with excitement along with the rest of the family.

“Way to go, baby brother!” Bill exclaimed and sent George a wink, who winked back and laughed.

“We still can't believe it's true,” Adara expressed with starry eyes, still looking up at her husband.

“Did you find out today?” Ginny asked with tears in her eyes.

“Yes,” Adara answered, “I thought I had a stomach ache.”

“And it turns out to be the start of a healthy baby,” George finished her sentence and leaned over, tucking a stand of his wife's hair behind her ear then kissing the side of her head gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, my sweet friends.

I know that is has been a few days since the last update. I've been working full time and my job can be very stressful. Thank you for your patience! I have one more day off after today and I am hoping to have another chapter out before I have to go back to work three days in a row.

P.S. This is a filler chapter.