‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active

Anchor

The Accident

The man next to her rolled over with a groan and laid a tired arm across her stomach before drifting back off to sleep. Adara ran her hands through her husband's hair before slowly sitting up in bed. She pushed up the strap of her white cami that had fallen down her shoulder and looked back down at George, who began to snore. She chuckled to herself and reached a hand over to his face, gently poking his freckles. Adara looked over at the clock that rested on the end table to her left and sighed. Careful not to wake her husband, Adara lifted his arm off her stomach and slowly inched herself off the bed. Suddenly a pair of strong hands rested on her hips, freezing her movements. She laughed.

“George, I need to get ready for work,” Adara rested her hands on his that were still on her sides. She felt the bed shift and George placed his chin on her shoulder from behind.

“Why?” He began to whine like a child, a yawn escaped his lips.

“Because I haven't been in three days,” Adara expressed, resting her head to the side on his own. “I'll be back before dinner.”

She slowly stood up and turned to face George, who was now sitting on the edge of the bed rubbing his eyes.

“Fine,” he yawned once more, “But you, me, and the baby are going out on a date when you get back.”

Adara smiled widely, “We are?” She placed her hands on her stomach and looked down. The bump on her stomach was finally noticeable and she loved every minute of it.

“Yes, we are,” George's voice came out deeply due to his tired state. He finally rose from the bed and scooped Adara into his arms. “So, hurry back.”

Adara giggled and placed a quick kiss on her husband's lips before dashing off into the bedroom to get ready for the day.

Image


It all had happened faster than he could have imagined. George was carelessly going about his day at home alone, waiting for it to be four o'clock when he'd go pick up Adara from work. Never would he have expected his. Minutes after he'd exited the shower there was a loud pounding at the front door. George quickly went to open it as the knocking grew rapidly and someone was shouting his name.

“Draco,” George spoke as he opened his front door. He studied his pale face and shaking chest.

“It's Adara,” Draco uttered through heavy breaths, as he ordered George to come with him.

George's heart pounded against his chest as he raced with Draco down the halls of St. Mungo. George slammed shoulders with numerous witches and wizard as he followed Draco. His mind filled with questions. Questions he was horrified to hear the answers to. The only thing he knew was that there had been an accident while Adara was a work. A potion that she was working on became temperamental and erupted.

George recognized the face of Lucius Malfoy, who was pacing outside of a closed door.

“Where is she?” George yelled becoming frantic and grabbed Lucius's shoulders. The healers that walked by began to stare and suggest that he remain quiet.

“They are working on her now, George,” Lucius answered with a trembling voice as he raised a hand up to his mouth, trying to muffle his weeping. Draco was standing beside him running a hand through his already untidy blonde hair.

George waited outside the room Adara was in for what seemed like an eternity. The world around him seemed to move in slow motion and his chest ached from the pain of his tears. He was leaning against the wall, his head in his hands when he heard a voice speaking to him.

“Are you the husband?” A tall, burly man approached, his hand in his pockets and a stern look dressed his unshaven face. The wizard looked to Draco, Lucius, and Narcissa who had arrived moments ago.

“Yes,” George replied, tears filling his eyes and his body shaking. “Is Adara alright?”

“Mr. Weasley, I'm going to have to ask you to come with me.” The healer ordered kindly, offering the man a smile he knew would mean nothing due to the news he was bearing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading.. even though I know I am breaking a few hearts. Please comment/sub/rec