‹ Prequel: Love Gone Mad
Status: Active

Anchor

I'm not telling

“I think that's everything,” George gave the bedroom a quick scan before looking back over at Adara. She was sitting on top of their luggage tote, legs crossed, and smiling up at him.

“Smile all you want, sweetheart, I'm still not telling you.”

“Oh, come on!” Adara groaned, feeling exasperated. “Pretty, please?” She batted her eyelashes.

“You'll find out tomorrow, Adara,” George chucked. He bent down and pressed his lips on the top of a forehead.

“Well, then what am I supposed to do until then?” Adara folded her arms across her chest.

“That's up to you, I'm going out tonight.” George opened the bathroom door and stepped inside.

“George Weasley,” Adara whined, following close behind.

“Yes?” He replied quickly stepping back into the frame of the door. Adara jumped back, nearly knocking into him.

She narrowed her eyes and studied the smirking lips in front of her.

“This really is bothering you isn't it?” George whispered, he reached his hand over and caressed the side of Adara's face.

“Yes,” Adara replied with a sigh, thinking he was finally going to tell her what the surprise was. It was driving her completely mad and she was becoming quite frankly.. desperate.

“Good,” George paused to quickly kiss Adara, “I'll be back late tonight, darling.”

“Will you late least tell me where you are going tonight?”

George offered her a smile, “To see my brothers.”

Adara crossed her arms and mouthed the word, “O” with her lips. George chuckled in response.

“Don't stay up too late, beautiful, we're leaving in the morning.” George kissed her once more before stepping out of the room.

Several hours had paced and Adara found herself pacing the kitchen floor. Surprises had always made her anxious and George knew that better than anyone. Her mind was reeling with all the possibilities of what tomorrow may hold. She knew that no matter how hard she pried, her husband wasn't going to crack.

“You're still up?” George asked as he stepped into the kitchen to find Adara perched on top of the kitchen counter, legs crossed, and a cup of tea in her hands.

“I couldn't sleep,” Adara offered a half smile.

At the sight of her eyes barely being able to keep themselves open, George knew just how anxious she was.

“Come on, Adara,” George took the mug out of her hands and set it on the counter. “Let's go to bed.” He lifted her off the counter and carried her up the stairs to their room.

Adara curled into bed and wiggled closer to the middle of the bed when George got under the covers. She turned to face him and tenderly kissed his bottom lip. “I love you.”

“Good night, Adara,” he whispered back, smiling as she began to play with his red hair. “And I'm not telling you anything.”

Adara groaned in response and rolled over. A deep laugh broke out of George's lips and he wrapped an arm around Adara's waist, pulling her stubborn frame back to his.

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello friends! It's been a while, I know. So sorry. I have LOTS of work and math homework. Yikes. Love you guys, please comment with some suggests for what should happen over George and Adara's getaway. :)