Status: WorkInProgress.

Beautiful Beautiful

Chapter 5.

"K? What's wrong? I thought you had been getting better... What happened?" Stefan stepped into my room. "Where are you?"

"I'm in my loft.. And I realized that maybe Lakota isn't good for me."

"Oh... What did he do?" Stefan climbed into the loft.

"Ava was all over him... And he saw a note of mine, with some hopes for the next few months." I slammed my fist down on the wood. "...He called me Kat..." I whispered quickly.

"What? Dad is the only one who has ever called you that... Others weren't allowed to call you that because you'd yell at them, saying 'only daddy can say that!' Mom said you used to be quite the fit thrower." He smiled and patted my shoulder.

"Yeah, still could be... But no one already likes me. So why add to the problems... Did ya wanna play games? Cause I up for it." I swung off the loft and headed for the family room.

"Hey, it's Kat again. I've really missed you lately. I broke up with Lakota today. He just doesn't seem like the guy I thought he was. Ava, that little hoe, sorry Dad, was all over him. And he didn't push her away until I called his attention away from her.. I thought he was the one getting me better.

"Guess I was wrong... I think talking to you helps a lot... And makes me want to get better. I've been jogging on our old bike route... Sure seems different without you. Not as bright or happy. But missing you motivates me more.

"You would be proud of Stefan. He's really manned up... Since, ya know. He helps mom with Dallas when I'm not here. He rides his bike to school, just so Dallas doesn't have to ride the bus.

"Dallas is really growing up, too. She's been talking better, and bigget words. She's going to be amazing when she grows up.

"Dallas' love for me; and Stefan talking through everything with me; that's what is gonna help me.

"I miss you still, that will probably never change. Night Dad. Love you. Talk to you soon."