Right Now.

1/1

Stupid fag. The words echoed in my ears over and over again. I could still feel the kicks and the punches being thrown at me, the pain racing through my body, the hurtful words never ending. In my mind I was still being pushed against the lockers, guys were still forcing themselves on me, but in reality they were gone. They left me here slowly dying, or at least that's how I feel. Tears leaked from my eyes, rolling down my cheeks as I wished I was anywhere but here; lying helpessly on the boys locker room floor. Closing my eyes tightly at the pain that still lingered, I allowed more tears to spill from my eyes. I faintly heard the door being pushed opened and feet shuffling along the floor, but didn't think much of it as sleep tried to consume me.

"Oh, god, Dylan!" I heard a voice gasp from a distance. Moments later I was being awoken.

My eyes slowly opened and met those gorgeous, breathtaking eyes of my best friend; Liam. His eyes were full of concern as he kneeled in front of me with his hand placed on my shoulder. He kept asking me if I was okay and what happened, but I just silently stared at him as this endless stream of tears flowed from my eyes. Frowning, he wiped a few tears away, which was useless since they didn't seem to want to stop anytime soon.

"Come on, I'm gonna take you home," he whispered.

I wanted to scream "No!", but I couldn't seem to open my mouth to form words. Grabbing my messenger bag, he slung it over his shoulder before carefully scooping me up off the floor. I flung my arms around his neck, burring my face in the crook of his neck as he made his way to the locker room's door. He pushed the door open and walked down the deserted hall, and I briefly wondered what time it was and why had Liam still been here. I didn't ask though. Soon he was placing me in the passnger seat of his car. Hesitantly I let go of his neck and let him fasten my seatbelt. He threw our bags in the backseat before hopping in the driver's seat. He glanced over at me as I was curled up in the seat with my arms wrapped securely around my legs. Letting out a breath, he buckled his seatbelt, started up the car and backed out of the nearly empty student parking lot. There were at least four other cars on the lot and I again wondered what time it was. I didn't bother peeking up to see either. I didn't care that much. I was just glad Liam found me.

The car ride was spent in silence; not even the radio was making noise. I wish he would talk to drown out all of the pain I was enduring on the inside. The words, the hits, the pain; it wouldn't go away. Suddenly, I was crying again. I think Liam noticed because he asked me what's wrong, but I didn't answer, so he let out a sigh and told me we were almost home. This caused fresh tears to find their way from my eyes and down my cheeks. My home wasn't somewhere I wanted to be at the moment. My parents weren't very excepting of the fact that they had a gay son. Emily, my thiteen year old sister could care less though. To her, I was still her big brother. To my parents, I was...a disgrace.

I didn't look up as the car stopped, not wanting to get out to face my parents. They usually ignore me and pretend that I don't exist, but every now and again they like to make cruel remarks towards me. They never hit me though, no they leave that to the jerks at school. I hadn't even realized that Liam had gotten out of the car until he was opening my door. I started to whimper as he tried coaxing me out of his car. Finally, he let out a sigh, unbuckled my seatbelt, and scooped me out of the car. He left our backpacks forgotten in the backseat and carried me towards the door. I burried my face in his shoulder as he made his way to the house. I wonder what my parents will say about him carrying me. They'd probably call us fags, and say something about me being a pansy. They'd probably yell for Liam to get out of their house, and for me to go up to my room. Then they'd say that Liam and I will burn in hell or something. Liam would ignore them but I'd be silently crying into his shoulder.

Liam just opened the door, but I was used to him just walking into my house. Well, when we were in middle school. Since my parents found out that I was gay they didn't allow Liam to just barge in like that anymore. There wasn't any sound that showed someone was home as Liam carried me up the stairs. I knew Emily had to be home though since school was out. I still didn't know what time it was. The silence stretched on as Liam pushed opened the door. I finally opened my eyes as he placed me on my bed. Only, it wasn't my bed or my room. It was Liam's room. I was relieved as I realized that he brought me to his house instead of mine. I watched as he sat beside me on his bed, looking at me with concerned eyes. I looked away from his eyes and down at my hands.

"Dylan, what happened?" He asked. "Did somebody...hurt you?"

I shrugged not wanting to talk about. I still didn't meet his gaze as he wrapped his arms around me. Istantly, I leaned into him, my back pressed to his chest. He held me close resting his chin on my head. Closing my eyes, I relaxed and everything else was temporarily forgotten. I enjoyed moments like this. Just being held by my best friend made me forget. I snuggled into him more and his arms tightened around me.

"Who hurt you Dylan?" He whispered suddenly.

My eyes shot opened and I moved away from Liam. I could feel his eyes studying me as I looked down at my hands. Tears flowed down my cheeks as the feeling of being punched, kicked, and spat at came back to me. It wasn't the first time. Today they were just more aggressive. Today, Liam just happened to find me. His hand begin to move up and down my back in a comforting way. I looked up at him through my fringe.

"Dylan, do you want to talk about it?" He said gently, wiping away tears with his thumb.

"Right now I just want you to hold me," I whimpered, burring my face in his shoulder.

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and just held me. That's all I really needed right now. I just needed Liam to hold me; to help me forget about the jerks who like to hit me and pick on me; to help me forget about the people God gave me as parents. Even if it was just temporary. Liam kissed my forehead telling me I didn't have to talk until I was ready. I never wanted Liam to find out. I never wanted to tell him. I didn't want him to worry about me. I clutched on to his shirt and didn't let go. I'd tell him about my parents and the jerks at school eventually, but right now I just wanted to feel safe. And that's exactly how I felt in Liam's arms.