[Insert Title Here]

Part 1: Chapter 1

I set my gun down quietly on the side table as I waited patiently for my brother. I tried turning the TV on, but I couldn't sit still on the cheap couch we had. He's been gone for over three hours. He takes only half an hour, an hour at most. What could he be doing? Unless he was dead. No, Anton's smarter than that. Way smarter.
I heard a patter on the wood in front of the door. I ran to the side table and got the gun, aiming it at the door.
"Ho-" I ran to the door and put my arm around the neck of the intruder.
"Move, and I shoot your head off," I said as I stared at the front wall, my arm secure around the guy's neck.
"Leah. Look who you're threatening," he said. I turned around.
"Sorry," I said, and released. Anton entered more into the house and sat down in a chair, sighing. "What took you so long? I was actually starting to think you got killed."
"You know that's impossible," he said with a smile. He had a cut on his lower lip, a shiner on his left eye, and a nasty cut on his cheek. I pulled up a chair next to him and sat.
"So what next? You got Terrence, right?" I asked. He sighed.
"I got ninety percent of Terrence's men, but not Terrence himself. He's also too scared to come out and fight himself. Likes to hide in his expensive penthouse and send men who's forever indebted to him to do all the dirty work. Poor guys," he said. Anton looked at me. "I'm sorry I didn't get him. But I will."
"I want to be there too!"
"No," he said. "No way."
"Why? I've killed before," I said.
"What, two people? That's nothing, Leah. I'm not letting you risk something so precious as your life"
"My life? Precious?" I got up. "Look where we are, Anton! Where we live! The shittiest place in Argentina, with only one bedroom! The kitchen's so small we can't even fit inside together! We have a dead sister-"
"Do not speak of Beth!" Anton shouted, but I continued anyway.
"And we're hiding from anybody that can help us, because the police aren't exactly our friends! Our lives are horrible, Anton. Horrible. How did we even end up here?" I sat back down and started crying. Anton put his hand on my small back.
"It's okay," he said.
"No, it's not," I said. "It's not!" I wiped away the tears, for I was NOT a crier, and sat up straight. "Next time, I go with you to kill Terrence."
"No,"
"Yes!"
"I'm not losing another one!" Anton said. "Not again! Not ever!"
"Fine," I said. "You can sleep on the floor. I'm taking the bed tonight." I got up and stormed to the bedroom (which has no door, by the way- major buzz kill when you're trying to seem as angry as possible) and got under the covers.
I heard Anton get up and get something out of the fridge. Then, I saw him put a few blankets on the floor and laid down, a bottle of beer next to him. I turned the other way and fell asleep.

The next day, I was the first to wake up, which was odd. I haven't woken up before Anton in... forever. I got out of bed and saw him still sleeping. I smiled to myself, proud, then stopped cold.
Anton always wakes up before me. Always. Always before me, before six-thirty AM, before the stupid rooster across the street has time to do his annoying-ass coca-doodle-doo.
Something is terribly wrong.
"Anton," I shook my brother. Nothing. "Anton, get up." I shook him harder. His head turned the other way, eyes still closed. "Anton!" I checked his pulse.
Nothing.
But, two seconds later, there was something. Phew.
"Anton, get the hell up!" I screamed. I heard someone curse loudly, probably at me, through the window. "Hello!" Must've been drugged. But by who?
Terrence.
I changed quickly and put the gun in my bra. It was bulky, but in the mirror in the bedroom, by boobs still looked like boobs. I got my purse and dragged Anton into the bedroom. I knew it was dangerous to leave him alone here- like, super dangerous- but I needed my revenge. I hid my brother in the closet and left the house. The sun was up and shining, which irritated me. At first it was beautiful and all, but after a while, it's getting annoying always needing to squint, never being able to wear new dark skinny jeans you got for sale because you'll die in the heat.
"Stay safe, bro," I said as I threw Anton into the closet. I locked the door and left the house in a hurry. I took the car Anton gave to me, a run-down one meant to 'blend in' with the rest (used regularly in missions) and started the ignition, driving off at sixty MPH. Pretty soon, I was where I wanted to be.
I parked the car a few blocks down and ran to the warehouse where Terrence spends his time (rumor has it). Then, with a swift motion, I kicked down one of the doors, took out the gun (almost taking out my bra), and aimed it at one of the guards.
"Drop the weapon," I said in Spanish, referring to the glock 18 (one of my favorites) in his hand.
"Intruder!" he yelled (of course, in Spanish- we are in Argentina). Right then, about six other guys were aiming at me. I put down my XD-9 (another favorite- I have four in total. My others are the M200 Intervention and the Uzi [pistol]) and pretended to surrender. When one guy came near, I kicked him in the face, my heel landing in his eye, and kicked another one in the groin. An advantage when your enemy decides he wants his entire army of males. Take that, sexism.
Another dude came, caught me by the arm, and I twisted it around so that his arm would almost break. Then I pulled, slamming him into another guy, leaving me with only two left. The first one aimed the gun and shot, missing me not completely, for it went through my hair.
And you don't mess with a girl's hair.
I took my gun, shot him in the leg, and used the maneuver I used on Anton- put my arm around his neck, and pulled it down, my knee and his nose colliding. After he stumbled back a bit, I kicked him into the wall and again in the chin. I went to the one I shot, adrenaline rushing, and picked up dust from the floor, politely sprinkling it into his wound. He screamed when I heard a voice.
"Stop!" the Spanish voice yelled. I turned around, gun ready, and found Terrence standing on the balcony. I breathed heavily, out of breath, and continued aiming. "Why is that-" he gasped, and started speaking in English. "Leah? Beth's sister?" he started walking, still on the balcony, towards me. "Hello! Where is your brother? Anthony, is it?"
"Anton. And not here," I said, immediately regretting it. If I would've simply said 'somewhere,' I could've left Terrence in suspense and make him believe Anton might've been here, hiding, ready to attack.
What a smart person I am. Note my sarcasm.
"Oh, you're riding solo now?" Terrence asked in his stupid British accent. "How interesting... and you're not afraid I might kill you, leaving Antonio-"
"Anton,"
"With nobody? He's already lost one sister, Leah. Don't make the mistake and make him lose another."
"Mistake? The only mistake made here was that I didn't already blow your head off," I said. He smiled.
"We both know you can't do that, darling. Aren't girls sensitive, always full of emotion, both good and bad? Don't they sometimes get a little too emotional?"
"They can also hold really long grudges," I snapped.
"Still upset about Beth? Well, I did your brother a favor. Only one person to worry about instead of two. Only two mouths to feed, less money spent, more money saved... why, I believe I did him a favor."
"I believed you wanted another reason to kill, to keep your false reputation up. Can't stand being the underdog, from what I heard,"
"And your source is correct! Being on the top is my thing," Terrence slowly paced. "Anyway, enough with the chit-chat. You're here because?"
"Why do you think?" I asked.
"To rebuild our friendship?"
"The friendship that never existed and never will? I don't think so. Get down here."
"As you wish," he smiled, and I waited for him to walk down the steps to the ground floor. I wonder how Anton was holding up. "You look beautiful."
"Shut up and stand in front of me> I want a clean head shot," I said. He glared at me.
"Leah, watch that attitude. Your parents would never approve," he scolded with a finger. I glared. "Why don't we talk things out?"
"We've talked enough," I said. "I've had shorter conversations with a blond."
"Rather talkative, aren't they?" Terrence asked. "Especially in Argentina."
"Last words?" I asked. He grinned.
"Why yes. I would like to tell you how foolish you are to think I would come down here alone, vulnerable, and I would also like to tell you how stupid you were to not shoot me by now, for I gave you many chances. Another reason why you're such a bad criminal. And, I'd like to tell you, to drop the gun, or you will die." I heard the sound of a gun being loaded next to my ear. An original pistol stood next to my head, in the hands of a four-hundred buff man. "Leah, this is Raul. Say hi, Raul."
"When do I get to shoot," he said, more of a statement than a question.
"Right about..." Terrence started, smiling and idling.
"Never." I heard Anton's voice, turne around, and saw him shoot Raul.
"Get ready, people!" Terrence shouted in Spanish. A bunch of guys came, and started a shoot out. Anton threw me behind a garbage can (One, that hurt, and two, a garbage can? Great cover, bro.) and I hid quietly as I saw him shoot. This was may more intense than paintball.
One of the warehouse walls blew up (what the hell?) and I ducked even lower as I saw a Ferrari enter, with two shooters shooting at Terrence's men.
"Leah! Get out of here!" Anton shouted.
"Me? Get the hell out of the war zone!" I shouted over the sound of bullets being fired. He grabbed me by the arm and hid behind a random wall, then started walking fast and pulling me. "Where are we going?"
"You are going somewhere where I can trust you," he said. "I can't believe you, Leah. Are you crazy?" he ran out the of busted wall, me following. Then he unlocked the car I came in, and threw me in the passenger seat as he sat in the driver seat.
"Avery!" I heard Terrence shout. Anton looked through the window as Terrence stopped in front of our car. My brother was used to the wrong-name-calling Terrence used to call Anton. "Get ready. Because I will make your lives a living hell, I can promise that!" He took out a gun and started shooting. Lucky us, we had bullet-proof windows Anton got a few days ago, and we quickly drove away.
A few blocks later, Anton spoke.
"We're going to the house, getting our things, and leaving," he said.
"To where? I don't know any other empty houses," I said.
"No, Leah. Enough with Argentina. Enough with South America! One day I'd like to get revenge on Terrence, but until then, we have to lay low."
"By running away?" I asked. "Like cowards?"
"Until I make out a good enough plan!" Anton said. He started driving as the light turned green. "For now, we're going to Madrid."
"Spain?" I asked, appalled. Then stopped. "Cool."
"That's your problem," Anton said.
"Excuse me?"
"You get serious for a moment, then, when all seems well, you go right back to your regular self, with no fears or problems,"
"That's not true!"
"Yes it is! You're too gullible, Leah. You went to that warehouse with motivation to kill-"
"How did you know?" I asked curiously.
"I know everything," he said. I nodded with understanding. Anton does know everything. "Stop changing the subject. As I was saying, you went wanting to kill, then Terrence did what he always does- starts stalling and starts up a conversation that's both friendly and deadly, a conversation to make a person not kill him."
"I'm sorry," I said quietly.
"No! Now, we're in even more danger, which is why we have to go to Europe, all because of you!" he yelled. I stood quiet, full of pain. It's not like I meant to sit all this commotion. I didn't try to. I really was going to kill him. Then he started about Beth, and me, and Avery- I mean Anton- and got me distracted, his number one weapon.
Anton parked in front of the house and got out first. I followed shortly after and went with him to the house.We went inside, where luckily nothing was raided, and Anton went to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. I sat in the living room and turned on the TV, putting the volume to three. Anton drank in silence while I sulked on the couch when I heard a noise at the door. Kind of like a knock.
"Anton?" I asked cautiously.
"What, Leah. What is it now?" he asked rudely.
"You didn't hear that?"
"Hear what?"
"The sound at the door,"
"I think you're imagining things now," he said. "If there was really a sound, I would've heard it." not exactly true. The living room was right next to the door. The kitchen was connected to the living room, blocked off by the thick wall in between the front door and the kitchen. I stood up and went to the door, but not before secretly looking out the window. I saw nobody waiting for me to open the door. I went towards it, opened it, and gasped, seeing the worst thing that could ever happen to me and Anton.
A baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! Setting inspired by the movie Fast Five, except in Argentina, not Brazil, and the plot is different. Hoped you enjoyed it so far. The story is just getting startes :)