Becoming Me

Painting Flowers

Colours. They're all around us, every minute of the day. My favourite colour has a tendency to change. When I were younger it used to be pink, of course. That was between the age of 7 to 9/10, i think..for some years i didn't really have a favourite colour, but when i turned 14 it was black. Which lasted maybe a year and a half. Today it's purple, though i think neon colours are EPIC!!. but mostly i have a favourite, simply because you have to. I honestly don't care that much for purple but whatever makes society happy i guess.

I kind of blame my early school days and their colourful schedules for this, but when i imagine a week in my head, you know, the picture for Monday, Tuesday and so on, it has the form of a 0, with the five week days, on one side, and then Saturday and Sunday's got the other side.
Now the funny thing is that each day has it's own colour...a bit crazy? Maybe, but i like it.

So Monday is blue,
Tuesday is yellow,
Wednesday is Gray,
Thursday is kind of red – brownish,
Friday is lime green,
Saturday is neon red,
and Sunday is white...

Funny right? The same thing goes for a year, so months in the form of a 0 with the Jan-Jun has one side and Jul-Dec has the other.
As for the colours they go like this

January is sand coloured
February is Yellow
Mach is lime Green
April is deep green
May is blue
June is a dim faded red
July is burning red
August is brown
September is Gray
October is snow white
November is transparent
and December is a very deep blue almost black

My mind works in weird ways doesn't it? Am i truly crazy for dividing everything by colour? I don't think I'm the only one doing this though...but i do believe we all have different colours attached to the days. Simply because our minds think in different ways.

I like to remember things with the help of colours, or catch an emotion with colours. I can reflect upon my life on a higher level that way. It's hard to explain. Which is why i hate being surrounded by “colours” like gray, black and white, because they don't really hold that much for me. Despite the fact that i enjoy colours, i don't draw or paint in any way, because i suck at it. (seriously! I still draw stick men) but i when i am going through tough times i tend to look back at them, and connect colours like brown, and faded red with said times. Happy times are often remembered in a kind of golden light, like a lamp, or in lime green.

People are often surprised by the colours in my room too, because It's orange and red with posters on the walls. Now the posters they expect, but not the colours. I like them though, because it makes my room warm and comforting. I often feel like i step into a cold gray world when i close my front door behind me. I am uneasy, on edge, and i don't feel as happy. Therefor i enjoy coming home to the opposite. That could be why i hate when clothes are strewn across my floor, because it's unnecessary, unwelcome colours, ruining my oh so carefully designed room.
I practically live in my room, so it's important that i feel inspired, but also able to disconnect in a nice way. I need to feel at home both physically, and mentally.

Colour simply paints everything so that i can stand being surrounded by it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Useless? pff whatever i enjoyed wrtting it :D