Rag Doll

Something Else.

"FUCK! I'm gonna be so late! Miss P. is gonna have a fit!" I yelled, rushing to get out of bed.

Okay, so I'm always late and it really wasn't that late. I would probably just hitch a ride with Sodapop and his older brother, Darry. Darry drives both Soda and I to school. Darry graduated last year.

Dressed and groomed, I'm out the door in seconds flat. Both my parents are already gone to work, so I don't really have to worry about them scolding me for being late.

I finally make it to Soda's house, just minutes before breakfast is made. The Curtis' live a few houses down. Sodapop's parents are my parents' best friends. And, that makes it so that I'm Sodapop's best friend. I get along with all the gang, actually. They all treat me like a sister seeing as I'm the only girl.

"Hi honey. Did you eat breakfast, Dani?" Mrs. Curtis asks.

"No, I didn't,"

"Well, Dani! You're having some breakfast with us now! Then I'll drive you, Soda and Pony to school. Sound good?" she asks, finishing up the bacon.

"Yeah! Sure! Thanks Mrs. C," I smile, knowing she's basically my second mom.

"Dani, can you go wake up Pony and Soda? They are going to be so late!"

Walking up the stairs, I stop in front of the last door on the right. Pressing my ear to the door, I hear no voices inside. Good, they're still asleep. I smirk to myself and finally open the door quietly.

Both Soda and Pony are fast asleep. I giggle and stealthily walk to their bed. I knew they'd be angry at me for this, but not for long. I do this every once in a while anyway!

Jumping on the bed and basically scaring Ponyboy to death, I yell:

"WAKE UP! GET UP! THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!! AHHH!!! SAVE YOURSELVES!"

Getting off the bed, I hold my stomach as I laugh harder and harder.

"Ha ha! Very funny, Dani," Sodapop says not very amused.

"Awhh, c'mon Soda! Lighten up! Besides, blame your mother. She made me wake you up," I pick up a t-shirt off the floor and fling it at Soda, "oh, and breakfast is almost ready! Race you downstairs for first plate!"

And with that, I was off like a speeding bullet.