Rag Doll

A Taste Of Honey.

"Hey, dollface. Get up! We're goin' over to the diner. I'm buyin' you a beer." Two-Bit slurred, extending out his hand.

I picked myself up, dust myself off cooly and wrapped an arm around the drunk joker.

Knowing fully well this was a disastrous idea, I let Two-Bit buy me beer after beer until the night was over. The diner closed at two am, so we walked around town drunkenly. We finally found another diner open, which was serving pancakes, eggs and bacon.

"You know, I know you like Sodapop."


I looked at Two-Bit, very alarmed. Out of everyone in the group, you did not want to trust Two-Bit with a secret. He usually joked about it in front of the person the secret was about.

Like that one time, when Pony had a crush on me when I was thirteen, he made the mistake of telling Two-Bit. Well, Keith Mathews laughed very cheerfully, and he dare ask me if I was interested in Pony.

My joker of a friend never let the youngest Curtis brother live that one down.

"I won't tell anyone, alright? Though, I think ya should tell Sodapop yerself. Don't let him found out on his own..."

I didn't have the guts to say anything else after that. Confused, I just suggested we head back to the Curtis' house; or, even our own homes. It was around nine thirty a.m. when Two-Bit and I made our way towards the East side of town.

Dallas met us at the tiny convenience store and gas station on the border of where East and West meet. Beyond the DX, which is the store, all the houses were a lot more rundown than the ones behind us. That's also where you'd find the railroad tracks.

Sodapop, who works at the DX, was delighted to see us. He and Steve had worked the graveyard shift. I offered to go smoke a joint, or maybe a cigarette. Whatever they wanted. Fifteen minutes later, they clocked out.

I bought both of them a coffee. They looked dog-tired.

Dallas and Two-Bit decided to use the shortcut to the Curtis house. Darry came to pick up Steve, Soda and I. We got home, Darry went inside to cook us some breakfast. I sparked up my joint; therefore, Steve lit up a cigarette. We smoked in peace...

...until Dallas and Two-Bit arrived with Bobbie.

"What's up, Bobbbieee?" I yelled happily, running up to her to give her a high five.

She looked confused, oblivious to the fact that I actually want to be her friend. She steps back, shyly.

"Can I join you guys, or uhm...should I leave?" she mutters softly.

"We brought ya here, ya gonna stay here." Dallas demanded, smirking.

She took a seat next to me. I passed her the joint, which she looked at very confused. This girl was so innocent.