Rag Doll

Hello, I Love You.

I called Bobbie to my room, where I was looking through my mess of a closet for something she'd like to wear. She sat on my bed while I finally found something for her.

"Your mom is nice." That's what she muttered to me.

Giggling loudly, I nod. She seems embarrassed.

"I'm not making fun of you. I'm just happy to know that. Everyone tells me that. She's as nice as Mrs. C."

After picking out a white tee shirt, some jeans and a purple sweater. We decided to head over to the Curtis' house for her to take a shower. Afterward, we'd all eat breakfast with them. I decided to bring some cheese bread I had made the other day with my mother.

Dallas was walking very quickly, indicating he had waited a while for us and was impatient. We get there in no time. Walking in like it was our own homes, Mrs. C is at the door, smiling at us.

"Oh, who is this?" She's very motherly.

Bobbie introduces herself and asks politely if she can use the shower.

"Well of course! Don't be shy. I'll have breakfast going in a second. Now, come with me, I'll show you the bathroom."

Bobbie went down the hall with Mrs. C. Dallas flopped onto the couch, almost crushing Johnny. Two-Bit was sprawled out on the ground, watching Mickey Mouse. Mr. C was hardly here. He was a kind man, but he worked hard. He did anything to provide for his family.

My father is the same way. In fact, our fathers work at the same car dealership. Sodapop was down the stairs in seconds, followed by a very tired Ponyboy. Steve was bound to be here any moment.

"How's my favorite gal doin'?" Sodapop asked me, as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I'd be great if we could hang out today."

Sodapop grinned, nodding violently.

"SODAPOP! QUIT IT, YOU'RE GOIN' TO GIVE YERSELF A CONCUSSION!"

We all turned to see Sandy, the Greaser girl that Sodapop was dating. Except, Sodapop didn't look to happy to see her.

"Sandy, get out! I told you I never wanted to see you again!"

"I don't care! I love you. You love me...please..." she lunged herself at him.

Sodapop pushed her away, and she fell to the floor. It was quite a funny sight.

"Fine, you stick with that tramp," she pointed her pointy nail at me, "I'll be fine without you. You're goin' to be sorree you ever broke it off with me!" And with that, she left the house, slamming the door.

"Who the hell was that?" Bobbie asked, stepping out of the bathroom. She looked so beautiful.

"Nobody, now, I was wondering who you are." Steve asked Bobbie, smirking at her.

At that moment, I saw something in Steve that I hadn't seen in a long time...

...Steve fell in love.