Rag Doll

Home Sweet Home.

When we came back from the diner, I mentally cursed myself because I hadn't told Sodapop how I felt. I knew I should have, because Two-Bit was right. Sodapop shouldn't find out by himself. Even if he did fight with Sandy, he will be back with her next week. They always fight...

At the Curtis house, Sodapop left with Steve so he could go apologize to Sandy. He did hug me before he left, letting me know that he still wanted to have dinner with me. I smiled letting him know that I would be sure to make no other plans.

I decided to go home after Sodapop left, so I could go get some much needed rest. My mother greeted me and told me that there were pancakes in the fridge. She was leaving for work, and my father was already gone. With a kiss goodbye, she was out the door.

Having the house to myself today was the best thing that ever happened to me. I could finally do all the things I never can do on a daily basis because my parents or the gang is usually here. I sigh and conclude to take a long bath. Just as the water started running, there was a knock at the front door.

Who could that be?

Behind the door stood Bobbie, without Ponyboy or Johnny, and she was looking rather sad. I let her in, and asked her why she was here.

"I don't want to go back home, Dani. I don't know what to do, and you're my only friend right now..."

I was shocked by what I heard. I really wanted to help her, but how could I? I pondered whether or not my parents would allow her to stay, but got excited when I realized I would have the friend I always wanted.

"Bobbie, you can stay with me!"