Rag Doll

Little Bitty Pretty One.

I felt bad for Bobbie. Dallas was being very sarcastic and mean with her. Evie sure didn't seem to like her either. I guess I was the only one who saw some potential in this girl.

"You know, Dani, if nobody is comfortable with me here I can leave. It's really okay," Bobbie said and began gathering her purse and sweater.

Dallas once again spat out a sarcastic remark.

"Dallas, bug off! C'mon, please stay, Bobbie. Dallas ain't that bad. He's just in a sore mood."

Dallas rolled his eyes at me. I gave him the look I always give him when I want to win. He backed down. Soon enough, Bobbie's friends were looking for her. I immediately felt threatened. Once they saw her with us, they'd try to jump us. Or start something.

I began to think maybe it was a bad idea for me to invite Bobbie to watch the movie with us.

Once her friend, another girl and her older brother came storming up towards us, I took out my switchblade. By this time, we had been joined by a very soused Two-Bit and some blonde.

"What are these Socs doin'? Thinkin' they can just up and come towards us..." Two-Bit slurred, making his blonde friend giggle.

"Bobbie, what the hell do you think you're doing with this trash?!" her older brother yelled, pointing towards us.

"Watch it buddy! We ain't trash! Y'all are white trash, so stay off our damn turf!"

It was our turf. We were at The Dingo, which is on the East side of town. Our side. Socs rarely came here...well, that's a lie. The Dingo plays the best movies. When Socs came here, they were usually drunk, tried to jump us. They never win.

"Shut up, greaser! This is between my baby sister and I. You're nothing but trash. So shut up!"

"Look-ee here, Dallas. This Soc ain't got nothing better to say but shut up. I don't think he knows any other words," Two-Bit joked.

Finally, Bobbie's older brother got fed up and took a swing at Two-Bit. I was quick to defend my best friend, threatening the Soc with my switchblade.

"Now listen, you best be off in your nice cars. Don't bother coming back. You ain't welcome here. If we see you here again, we'll make sure to get more people out here. Then you'll be outnumbered. We ain't afraid to start a fight, and we sure as hell will finish victoriously. Now git gone!" I yelled, angrier than ever.

Bobbie looked mortified. She looked sad also. I felt kind of bad because I had really wanted to be friends with her. I kind of just killed my chances though...

When they left, Dallas never let me live down the fact that I invited a Soc to watch a movie with us.