Status: Active

Take Me Away

It's A Big, Big Universe

Meredith Black swept her long black hair from her shoulders as she check around her room for anything that might be missing from her suitcase. Her piercing blue eyes darted from object to object as she walked around her room. She sighed softly when she couldn’t find anything that she would need for the school year. If she thought about something, she was sure that her mother was just owl it to her. The small girl closed her trunk on her bed and with much difficulty, brought it down the long staircase.
She would be going into her fifth year at Hogwarts in just a few minutes and she was more anxious than ever. Her small, black kitten sat on a chair near the fireplace, purring when she saw Meredith reach the bottom of the stairs. She petted her cat as she called out her name, Luna. She was given Luna as a present from her mother.
“Are you ready, Meredith?” Her mother called, coming into the room.
Meredith turned on her heels and smiled at the woman she loved, the woman she looked up to. She gave an anxious nod and a smile to match. Not many people liked her mother because of the things that she had done, but she was a good mom to Meredith. Even if she were Bellatrix Lestrange.
The two walked through the bustle of people trying to get on the giant train. Her mother wore a large, black cloak to hide her identity. Once they were behind a bench and out of site, Meredith was pulled into a huge hug by her mother. She hugged her back, almost sad to leave.
“I must go,” She told her daughter, twirling a piece of her hair in her hand, “It’s not safe to stay out too long.”
And with a last kiss on the forehead, she was gone. Meredith smiled softly as got closer to the train she had grown to love. She climbed the stairs and found an empty compartment. She put her luggage above her head and let Luna lay on the seat across from her.
After five minutes of silence, the door of the compartment opened to reveal and tall, thin girl with medium length light brown hair. A wide smile was plastered on her face as she tackled Meredith in a hug.
“Oh Mere!” She yelled, “I’ve missed you so much!”
Meredith let out a laugh, “I’ve missed you too, Lucy.”
Lucy Devon was the daughter of a pure-blood family. But not a Slytherin family. A Ravenclaw family. Her family was just as strict as Meredith’s. That’s how they became friends. They were the best of friends, but their families hated each other.
The two girls talked to each other for most of the trip to Hogwarts. They caught up with each other, telling about how their lives had been since they’ve last seen each other. But they soon decided that they had better change into their school robes.
The girls started walking towards the back of the train to the changing compartments, when Meredith bumped into someone. The body she hit was sent to the ground.
“I’m so sorry!” She said with wide eyes, looking at the small, red head she hit. She then grabbed the girl’s upper arm and helped her to her feet. The red head studied Meredith’s eyes, slightly confused.
“Are you alright?” Meredith asked with concern, “You took quite the fall.”
“I’m okay thanks,” she spoke slowly, then walked off, shaking her head slightly.
Meredith sighed, as she changed her clothes. Why did people have to judge her so much? It’s not like she had done the awful things that her mother had. Why did people punish her for her mother’s mistakes? She shook away these thoughts and went back to her original compartment with Lucy.
The train soon slowed to a stop and the two giggling girls linked arms and hopped off for another exciting year at Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. :) Comment/subscribe