Status: Active

Take Me Away

Not To Mention Life

During the weekends, you could find Meredith either in the library, sleeping, or out by the lake. She liked relaxing during this time. So it wasn’t unusual that she was sitting by the lake with her back to a tree that Saturday morning. She skipped breakfast, not really feeling it that morning, and decided to sit out in the fresh air and read a book.
She hadn’t received a letter back from Sirius yet, but she knew that she would eventually get one. She would have to ask Harry about it soon though. As she was thinking this, she heard foot steps from behind her. She turned her head and saw a patch of red hair.
“Hello, George,” she said as she turned her attention back to her book. She felt him sit beside her and pull some things out of his bag.
“Morning,” He said as he flipped open his Potions text book.
Meredith looked at him with a raised eyebrow and asked, “Am I tutoring you now?”
George gave her a smile and nodded his head, “Yes, please.”
As she was setting her book down, George took in what she was wearing. She was always wearing something stunning. Even if she were a Slytherin, no one could deny how gorgeous she was. He shook that thought from his head, not believing that he was thinking that in the first place.
“So, what should we start with?” Meredith asked, taking the book from him and setting it in her lap.
“What are your weaknesses? Like, what don’t you understand?” She asked when he had shrugged.
George thought about it. He really didn’t understand any of it, but if he had to pinpoint a major weakness, it defiantly would be instructions. He would just get confused and baffled and sometimes frustrated. When he told her this, he expected her to laugh. But she didn’t. She turned to a recipe in the book and scooted closer to him.
She broke down every step, explaining every term and meaning. She spoke clearly and had much confident in what she said. If he didn’t understand something, she would try her very best to explain it more in detail.
After what seemed like a life time, both Meredith and George were starving. So they decided to have lunch while finishing their session. They sat down at the end of the Gryffindor table, earning some stares from a few kids.
“Alright, I want you to tell me what you think you should do for this recipe,” she said from beside him.
She flipped the book to a different recipe and slid it over to him. He sat there for a moment before telling her just what he thought it meant. After he was done reading the instructions, he looked at her almost positive that he had gotten it all right. But the look on her face said other wise.
“Not exactly,” she said after swallowing a bite of her sandwich.
George groaned in disappointment. He really that he had it all figured out. He was about ready to just give up hope but didn’t when he felt a hand touch the top of his. He looked at Meredith to see that she had a bright and bubbly smile on her face. It gave him hope.

The students all gathered into the Great Hall to greet their new guests and to see who would be the Tri Wizard Champions. Meredith and Lucy sat in their uniforms and paid attention, eagerly waiting for the Hogwarts Champion to be called. Of course, everyone already knew who would be the champion. Cedric Digory, a seventh year Hufflepuff. So it wasn’t a surprise when Dumbledore called his name from a piece of parchment.
What surprised everyone, was when a fourth parchment flew from the fire and gracefully landed in the Professor’s hand. And of course, it just had to be Harry Potter. Of all people to be in danger, it had to be Harry. Meredith looked towards where the Gryffindors were sitting and caught a glimpse of Harry’s confused, and slightly frightened face, before the people in front of her were standing to look at him too.
“I wasn’t expecting that,” Lucy said honestly as her and Meredith still sat in the Great Hall, waiting for the crowd to die-down.
Meredith nodded in agreement. She was worried for Harry. Even if they weren’t friends, and he probably didn’t like and care for her at all, she was still worried. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her name being called.
“Oh, hey George, Fred,” She said with a small smile, “Can I help you?”
George sat beside her and opened his Potions text book. “He keeps going on and on about how he knows how to do this!” Fred stated as he lazily sat on the bench in front of the three of students.
“I do know though!” George said as he gave her the book.
George went on and on about what it meant. Although he had learn a lot more, he was still had it completely wrong. Of course, Meredith wasn’t going to tell him that harshly.
Meredith grabbed her bag and stood from her seat as she said, “You’re getting closer. Keep working though. You’re doing great, George. I’m proud of you.” She ruffled his orange hair then exited the Great Hall. George sat there watching the girl walk away from him. He couldn’t help but smile.
Meredith said goodbye to Lucy and made her way down to the common room. She when up to her bed and laid her things on her bed. She got all changed for bed when she heard a loud banging come from the window near her bed. A grey and brown owl hovered outside the window with a letter in its beak. She opened the glass and let the owl land on the table.
Inside the envelope was a letter from her mother. It read,
Meredith,
I’m afraid you can’t come home for the holidays. I’ve been requested to do some traveling for him. I know that you’ll be disappointed to stay at Hogwarts this year, but nothing else can be done. Also, the Malfoys told me that there is to be a ball this year. I have included enough money for you to buy yourself a dress.

The only thing Meredith hated about being the daughter of Bellatrix, is that she rarely got any affection from her what so ever. It was like she didn’t care at times. She would pick the Dark Lord over her own daughter any one. And it wasn’t fair. She stuffed the money in her trunk, along with the letter.
She watch the owl fly away as she quietly cursed the animal. Meredith then crawled into bed and tried to dream of happy thoughts as much as possible.
But sleep didn’t come. She tossed and turned all that night but could not get a lick of sleep. She sighed, frustrated and sat up. She looked at all the other girls that were fast asleep in their beds. Thinking that it must have been nice to be able to sleep, Meredith tip toed down to the common room. No one was in sight so she lounged on the couch for a few hours thinking of her mother and what she could be possibly up to.
It scared her to know that her mother was so close to the most feared man in all of the Wizarding world. It gave her an uneasy filling at the pit of her stomach. Was she to have the same fate as her mother? Would she be forced to join forces with the side that has killed men, women, and children? She didn’t feel like thinking of that anymore. She stalked back up to her back and forced herself to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this is just a filler, but I kind of like it. Don't forget to comment/subscribe/rec! xx