The Crow and the Butterfly

Breathe Again

I woke up feeling better. There were band aids on my neck and the area around them was sore. I looked down at my shirt which had bloodstains on it. I got up, grabbing a clean shirt and jeans and went to the bathroom to change.
I went downstairs after I had made myself halfway presentable. I could hear familiar voices in the kitchen.
"Sam!" I ran and wrapped my arms around the giant that is Sam Winchester.
"Hey, Demi. You bounce back fast."
"Where's my hug, munchkin?" I spun around to see Dean standing by the fridge.
"Dean!" I tacked him in a hug too. "What are you doing here?"
"You called me, remember?" Dean said.
"Oh yeah…"
"Honey, there's some things we need to explain. But first Sam and Dean need to check on something and you and I need to go shopping. Go upstairs and grab a jacket.
After my mom and I went shopping, I found myself sitting next to Damon, across from Sam, Dean and my mom on the couch.
"Demi, there's some things we need to explain to you. Some big things. And I guess the easiest thing to start with is that Sam, Dean and Phil, they're hunters. Not the kind that kill wildlife, but the kind that hunt the supernatural. Ghosts, demons, shape sifters, werewolves, vampires," her eyes flicked to Damon for a second. "everything of that sort."
"You mean, all that stuff is real?"
"Yes. Phil isn't away on business, he's on a hunt right now."
"And that's what you do too?" I looked at Sam and Dean.
"Yeah. Our dad was a hunter and your dad is too." Dean said.
"Ellen and Jo were too." Sam said.
"Were?"
"That's the other thing. Ellen and Jo died months ago. They were killed in an explosion." Sam said.
"You lied to me?" I turned to my mom.
"I wanted to tell you sweetheart, but I just couldn't." I leaned back against the couch fighting tears.
"We did everything we could to try and save them, but we just couldn't. There was nothing we could do." Dean said.
"Are angel's real?"
Sam and Dean looked taken aback by my out-of-the-blue question.
"Yeah. We have one who's sort of a good friend. Why do you ask?" Dean asked me.
"Because I think I've met one before."