The Crow and the Butterfly

Memory

"It was October, Red Square, Moscow, Russia. A chilly wind was blowing and clouds blocked the sun. Tourists wandered around in their jackets, snapping pictures and throwing out 'did you know' facts to impress their companions. I was only six. I was with my dad, standing in front of Saint Basil's church.
'Daddy, why does the church look that way?' I asked.
'I don't know.' He picked me up. 'I guess they wanted it to look like that.' He started walking away towards the exit. 'Maybe they wanted it to be recognizable.'
He walked to the park before putting me down, pulling out a cigar. He walked us to a picnic table, lifting me so I could sit on a bench. He pulled some drawing supplies out of my backpack, setting them in front of me.
'I'll be back, sweetheart.' He kissed the top of my head before walking away towards a blond man dressed in all black standing under a tree. He looked at me until my dad got close to him.
I picked up my crayons and began drawing pictures.
'What are you drawing?' I heard a voice. I looked up to see a man in a trench coat and suit. He had light blond hair and blue eyes.
'I'm not supposed to talk to strangers.'
'My name is Castiel. You don't have to be afraid of me. What is your name?'
'Demyra.' The man looked down at my picture.
'Do you like angels?' He asked me.
'Yes. They save people's lives and they keep watch over us so we don't have to be afraid. Or, at least that's what my daddy told me.'
'Your daddy knows a lot.'
'Yeah. He's really smart.' I finished my drawing and looked over at where my dad and the strange man were. They were both looking at me. 'Who's that guy?' I asked Castiel.
'He's not a very nice man. He hurts people.' He stood up. 'I must go, but I'll see you again soon.'
'Here.' I handed him the picture of the angel. 'I want you to have it.'
'Thank you.' He said, folding it and putting it in his pocket.
He walked away, but when I blinked, he was gone. I kept drawing, waiting for my dad to be done.
'Why does the angel have a trench coat and suit?' My dad asked me when he looked at my picture.
'Because that's what angel's look like.'"