The Crow and the Butterfly

Dark

The rest of that day was uneventful and spent unpacking and organizing my room.
That night, after dinner, I sat in my room on my bed staring up at the stars. It was nice to be able to see the stars from my house. There was movement in the yard below and a figure stood in the backyard. It took a couple of seconds before I recognized who it was. Damon. He beckoned me down and I nodded, wanting to see him again.
I grabbed a jacket and walked down the stairs towards the back door.
"Where are you going?" I stopped dead in my tracks.
"Outside. It's a nice night and I want to look at the stars."
Phil studied me for a couple seconds. It wasn't a lie.
"Just don't stay out too long."
I turned and walked out the sliding glass door. I made my way over to where Damon was standing.
"Are you stalking me now or something?"
"Or something." Damon smiled, making my heart flutter.
I sat in the grass, gazing up at the stars. He sat next to me. We stared at the stars for quite some time. But I was the one staring at the stars. I could feel Damon's eyes studying me.
"You're a very intriguing person, Demi."
I turned to look at him.
"You barely know me."
"You feel drawn to me, don't you?"
"Like no one I've ever met before." I hadn't noticed until now that he was slowly getting closer to me.
A wolf howl in the distance made me jump.
"Better be careful; tonight's a full moon." Damon winked at me.
I laughed but it sounded fake.
"You're not a werewolf, are you?"
He leaned in so close to me our noses were almost touching. I could feel his breath on my lips. He looked me straight in the eyes.
"No. I'm worse." I blinked and he was gone.
I sat up straight and looked around. How did he do that? Was I just imagining things? No, he was definitely there. I could feel something watching me, ice cycles sliding down my spine. I stood up and hurried to the sliding glass door. I took one last look around the yard and I swore I saw a man standing in the shadows but I couldn't be sure.
That night I had the strangest dream ever. I was lying in a field, enjoying the warm sun. There was someone leaning over me. I opened my eyes but I couldn't see who it was because of the sun's glare. His head lowered and a pair of lips found mine. They were soft and oddly cold. Their body settled in-between my legs, rendering me helpless underneath. Clouds moved over the sun and I could see who it was: Damon. His lips moved to my neck, gently caressing the skin. Little butterflies danced in my stomach. I ran my hands through his curly blonde hair – wait. Damon's hair was black.
"You belong to my now, love." A British voice whispered against my neck. "Forget Salvatore. He's not your real love."
I sat straight up in bed. I could still feel the stranger's lips on my neck. My body was trembling violently, goose bumps covering every inch of my skin. I climbed out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water,
My hands were shaking so bad I almost dropped my glass twice. I took some deep breaths to try and calm myself. I looked out the window and saw a shadow move in the dark, but I figured it was just an animal. I climbed the stairs and went back to bed.
Yelling woke me up. I could hear Phil, my mom and someone else arguing downstairs.
"You stay away from her, Salvatore!" I heard Phil yell.
Damon was here! I ungracefully climbed out of bed and snuck to the top of the stairs,
"…if I didn't chase him off your property last night."
"You stay away from this house and this family. We can take care of ourselves.
"Oh can you now? Well when Klaus kills her, who are you going to blame?"
Damon walked to the front door and stopped to look up at me. He winked at me and grinned before leaving. I slowly and quietly snuck back to my room.
I silently closed my door and turned around only to almost jump out of my skin. Damon stood next to my window.
"Damon!" I whispered. "How did you get up here so fast?"
"Magic."
"The same kind of magic you used last night when you just disappeared?"
"Listen, Demyra, you may want to sit down."