The Crow and the Butterfly

Heaven

I was walking through a pasture, barefoot, wearing a long white dress that had short sleeves and a V neckline. My hair flowed around me as a gentle breeze blew up the hill. I walked over to one of the horses and gently stroked its head. Cool arms wrapped around my waist.
"Why do I feel this way about you?" I asked Damon.
He buried his nose in my neck before whispering in my ear. "It's because we're perfect for each other."
I turned around in Damon's arms, looking up at him, the sun creating a glowing halo around his head.
"Are you and angel?" I asked, looking up into his eyes.
"No. I'm the devil." Suddenly his eyes turned red and veins popped out under his eyes.
I backed away from him, but he stopped me with his hand wrapping around my neck.
"Don't be afraid of me." He moved my hair from one side of my neck. "It will only hurt for a moment." He opened his mouth, showing a pair of sharp canines.
He lunged at me, shoving me painfully on the ground and bit my neck, the canines puncturing the skin. I let out a scream from the pain.
I sat up, a leather jacket falling off me. I picked it up, inhaling the smell, Damon entering my senses. I looked at my nightstand and saw a rose with a note attached to it.
Demi,
I'm sorry for what happened. I have a lot of explaining to do. I'll be by sometime tomorrow to get my jacket. It's my favorite so take care of it.
Love,
Damon
I read the note twice, all thoughts of my nightmare diminished. I laid back down, wrapping the jacket around myself, pretending I was wrapped in Damon's arms. As I drifted back to sleep, I could almost feel Damon's arms around me. I snuggled into his imaginary chest, his chin resting against my head. I was in heaven.
Klaus watched the girl as she tossed and turned, having a nightmare. Damon and come and gone, leaving his jacket and a note with a rose.
She sat up and he leaned back in his dark corner, unseen by her. She brought the jacket to her nose, inhaling. She looked at her night stand, spotting the rose and note.
She read the note twice, a slight smile forming on her lips. She laid back down, snuggling into Damon's jacket. He waited until her breathing evened out to make his move. He laid beside her, wrapping his arms around her. She snuggled into his chest and he leaned his chin on her head, breathing in her sweet scent, a grin forming on his lips.