The Crow and the Butterfly

Innocence

I woke up to Damon standing at the end of my bed.
"You know that's kind of slasher movie-ish of you."
Damon smiled, taking a seat on the edge of my bed. "You were having a nightmare."
I sat up. "Yeah, it's kind of unusual if I don't, with everything I've been through…" I tried not to think about it.
"Phil left this morning." Damon said.
"Business. He'll be gone for a while as usual."
"What kind of business?"
"I don't know. Every time I try and ask him, he avoids the question." I handed Damon his jacket. "Here. Thanks."
"You're welcome." He was going to say something but my mom knocked on the door.
"Get showered Demi. We're going shopping."
Damon stood up and frowned, but shook his head. I chose to ignore it. He cupped my cheek, leaning down for a kiss before disappearing. I was going to have to get used to that.
I turned to my bedside table, opening the drawer and lifting the fake bottom to pull the note card out.
Hey, kid. Call me if you need anything. I'll be just a short distance away. –Dean
I flipped it over, studying the phone number on the back, wanting to call and get answers but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
I walked to the bathroom, starting the shower. I turned around only to almost run into a tall figure. I started backing up, hitting the bathtub.
"There is nothing to be afraid of, my dear." There was something familiar about that voice…
He was suddenly in front of me. He grabbed my shoulders and shoved me against the wall. His ice cold hands slid down my arms. He laced his fingers with mine, pressing himself against me. He trapped my hands against the wall by my head. Something was poking me and I whimpered.
He pressed his lips against mine, but it was nothing like when I kissed Damon. He was forceful and overpowering, but Damon was gentle. He pulled away, leaning into my neck.
"So innocent." He whispered, his nose burying in the crook of my neck. "Don't you see what you do to me, Demyra." One of his hands covered my mouth and he turned my head to the side exposing my neck. "Can't have you alerting anyone." I closed my eyes tightly, trying to block everything out.
There was a sharp pain in my neck. I screamed into the man's hand, tears leaking out of my eyes.
Finally, after what felt like hours of torture, he pulled away, blood dripping off his fangs and down his chin.
"Sorry darling. I just couldn't help myself. I'll be seeing you soon, love." And he was gone.
I stumbled weakly to my bedroom grabbing my phone and my notecard. My vision was going blurry, making typing the numbers nearly impossible. I held the phone to my ear.
"Yeah?" That gruff voice had never sounded better before.
"It's Demi. I need help." Balck spots danced in my vision. "Help me…"