The Crow and the Butterfly

Drive

Sam and Dean Winchester were in Herndon, Virginia finishing a job when the phone call came.
"Yeah?" Dean answered his phone, weary of the unknown phone number.
"It's Demi." Dean's heart kick started. "I need help." Her voice was fading. "Help me…"
"Demi? Demyra!" Panic rose in Dean's mind. He looked at Sam. "We need to get to Mystic Falls fast. Demi's in trouble."
Dean had never driven so fast before in his life. He kept whispering to himself, hoping she would still be in one piece when they got there. Sam's phone rang, making him jump. He looked at Dean before answering.
"Hello?" There were a couple moments of silence. "Marcey…did you get the bleeding to stop? Okay, just take deep breaths and keep pressure on the wound. We're seven miles away. No, Dean's driving. Is she awake? Okay, just keep holding pressure until the bleeding stops. See you in a minute."
"What's wrong?" Dean asked impatiently.
"Vampire. Got her pretty deep. Phil's away on a hunt and won't answer his phone."
Dean pulled into the driveway of the house and jumped out and made it to the front door in record time.
"Dean." Marcey said, pulling him into a hug. "She's upstairs. I got the bleeding to stop. First door on the right. Sam." She pulled him into a hug too.
Dean was holding a pale Demi when Sam got to her room.
"Do you know who would have done something like this?" Sam asked Marcey.
"Yesterday, a vampire local named Damon Salvatore came here to warn Phil about an original named Klaus. He's a hybrid and Damon said he's after Demi. But I don't know how Klaus would have gotten in."
Demi groaned, snuggling deeper into Dean's embrace.
"We should go downstairs and talk." Marcey said.
"Does she know…" Sam asked, not wanting to spoil anything.
"No. Nothing."
Dean laid Demi on her bed, making sure she was comfy before following Marcey and Sam downstairs.
Marcey grabbed the boys coffee before sitting across the table from them.
"How much have you told her?" Sam asked.
"She knows about werewolves. She's the one who saw my first husband killed by one. I made Ellen and Jo promise not to tell her anything about hunters or the supernatural."
"So she remembers being with Ellen and Jo?"
"Yes. Vaguely. She still asks about them, but I can't bring myself to tell her…" Marcey's eyes filled with tears.
"It's okay. We'll tell her."
"What else does she know?" Dean asked.
"Nothing. I've kept everything from her to keep her safe."
"You know she'll have questions after this." Dean leaned forward on the table. "You need to tell her everything. Hiding it from her will only make things worse. You need to tell her about you, about our dad, about Rafael, Phil, what attacked her, everything."
Marcey studied the table before looking up at the boys. "Where will you be?"
"Here and there. Call Bobby if you need anything. He would know where we're at."
"Please, will you stay and help me explain it to her?" She'll take it better if you're here to back me up."
"Of course." Sam said.
"You know I loved you two like sons. She needs you to love her like I loved you."