Status: Fin

Killing Purple

So are you

I woke up and didn't hate myself. I woke up and wanted out of this sick, twisted game I'd thrown myself into. I woke up and felt like me again. I felt like Dylan Schwart.
But as soon as I looked at myself, physically and mentally, I realized Dylan Schwart didn't exist anymore. She was gone, flown away over night and left a hole where a soul used to be.
It didn't matter, I had felt me again. I reached for my pills, took two of each, and called Conner.
"Dylan?" He sounded groggy, it was only 8, he probably wasn't even really up yet.
"Colin. Colin, can I come over?"
"Of course! Yes, yeah, come on over, Dyl. You don't have to ask, you know that." I could hear him jumping up out of bed, a smile in his voice.
"Yeah. Just, things have been shit lately, Colin. So shit I couldn't take it. I miss you." I sighed as I pulled on a pair of old pants, holding my phone with my shoulder.
"I know, babe. I know. I miss you, Dylan. Not this fucking disease that killed you. Just.. come over."
I felt something stir in my chest- hope, maybe, "Okay, I'm leaving right now."
"Bye." I hung up.
Was this real? Could you have normal days when you suck as much as I do? I walked down the stairs. Mom and dad were sitting at the table, eating breakfast. I grabbed a piece of toast, feeling my stomach contract with anticipation at the thought of food.
"Are you really eating?" My mom asked, shock displayed all over her heavily made-up face.
"Yes. Is something wrong with that?"
My dad smiled, "No, Dylan. That's really great."
I smiled back, feeling normal wasn't as overrated as I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Maybe it is possible for good things to happen.
Like Pavlove, omg Pavlove.
And I love him. And this doesn't make sense but that's okay.
Good body-image days only last 24 hours, if that.