Status: Completed.

Revelation

1/1

It couldn’t be true.

Loki stared down at his arm, the armor covering it having disintegrated leaving only bare skin in its place. Skin that was slowly morphing to a light shade of blue.

A shade of blue identical to the Frost Giant before him.

He’d known his entire life that he was different. It was true that he was never as strong as Thor, nor was he a natural-born leader. He knew he’d never meet his father’s expectations of him and thus would never receive the throne, but that was fine with him. He’d learned to accept his mediocrity.

He’d never stopped to consider just how far the extent of his differences went.

He’d never, not once in a million years, expected this.

Loki looked up, his eyes meeting the red orbs of the Frost Giant warrior. The look in its eyes wasn’t what he expected. There was no anger, no hatred, no ferocity.

There was recognition. As one of its own.

Loki lashed out, plunging his knife into the beast’s chest. It cried out in pain, falling to the ground as its life slipped away. Loki raised his arm a final time, surveying it. The blue was gone by then, the normal tint of his skin having returned. But he had seen enough.

It was true.

He was a Jotun. A Frost Giant.

A monster.
♠ ♠ ♠
DISCLAIMER: I do not own 'Thor', the character Loki, 'The Avengers', Tom Hiddleston, (although I REALLY wish I did...) or anything other related things aside from the words on this page. DON'T BE A SILENT READER!