Shut Your Mouth When I'm Talking To You

Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

The next day Meike awoke before nine, and she still didn’t have a new alarm clock.
Around noon she received a text

:Havin a summer movi marathn. Cm round @ 1 an bring $5 + food. Lots ov it. G:

Once Meike had showered and had gotten dressed in her ripped jeans, cherry vans and a black tee it was already five past one.
She sighed; grabbed 4 packets of chips and started walking round.
At quarter past Ray opened the door.
“She’s HERE!!” he hollered back into the house.

Meike followed him into Gerard’s room. All three of the boys were pilled on beanbags and a gigantic flat screen TV sat in front of them.
“Finally,” moaned Mikey.

Meike couldn’t help but stare at Gerard’s room. Every square inch of the walls was covered in posters. Gerard saw her looking and said, “I have no hobbies, what do you expect?”
Frank excitedly showed Meike the range of DVD’s they had hired. She quickly calculated that 7 DVD’s would be around 14 hours of watching. The boys disagreed and said more like 13.5 because Napoleon Dynamite was short.
Even so Meike awed at the collection before her. There was everything from ‘Ghost busters’, to ‘Final Destination’, to ‘A Fish Called Wanda’.

She settled on the remaining beanbag between Mikey and Gerard and opened up the chips.
“Who is ready for some serious movie watching?” she said.
After 3 movies at around 6.30 she noticed Mikey’s head was drooping and he had fallen asleep on her shoulder.
Gerard turned off the lights (because scary movies are better in the dark), and Meike was fast asleep once the 5th movie had started.

It was only when they stopped the 6th movie to get more supplies that the 3 boys noticed Meike and Mikey had fallen asleep. They also managed to be sleeping in each other’s arms.
“Awww, look how cute they look,” whispered Frank,
“Fuck up Frank,” said Gerard and he stalked out to the kitchen.
Frank looked at Ray. Ray didn’t know what Gerard was on about either.

Gerard came back with his arms full of food. The boys sat back down and Gerard inched the volume up.
The sound woke Meike and Mikey.
Dazed Meike lifted her head from Mikey’s chest.
“What the?” she said,
“Sheikal…oohhhie?” Mikey’s reply was barley audible as he was still half asleep.
Suddenly he removed his hands form Meike’s waist and shot up off the beanbag.
“AH! I didn’t! I wouldn’t! I just…”
“I know, I fell asleep too,” Meike laughed.
She yawned and stood up, “Well I may as well head home,”
Everyone else looked sad.
“Oh well I suppose I could stay for one more movie,”
The boys cheered and Mikey went to get blankets.

When the final movie was playing a thud was heard from outside.
Everyone looked at each other. Mikey and Gerard’s parents went to bed AGES ago. It couldn’t be them..?
Gerard stood up and grabbed his baseball bat.